“Mercure Watford”

Mercure London Watford Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Watford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Carlisle, Cumbria
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night before traveling to Paris. Not all that impressed, and from the website photos I expected something a lot better. Rooms are tired, they really need a face lift. Bed was fairly comfortable but our room was roasting and the aircon didn't cool the room down with it being still classed as winter. Service was good, and there's free parking, but we won't stay here again in a hurry.

• Stayed March 2014
Allan P, General Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear cathandpete

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with the Management team and will take appropriate action to ensure where possible these issues are addressed to prevent future occurrences.

Luton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Hotel ok. Lots of corridors and stairs. Clean rooms with all facilities. Swimming pool with sauna and steam room excellent. We had our evening meal in the restaurant on first evening. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Very attentive. The meal was very good. Well presented and tasty. The next morning we went to breakfast. How disappointing. The staff were miserable and rude. There was hardly any cooked food available. The hot breakfast is served in silly little trays that are quickly emptied by the guests. The chef did not check regularly to see if more food was needed and we kept having to ask for food and fruit juice etc. they did not offer coffee we had to ask. The staff were more interested in laying tables than looking after people. When they were asked for something they huffed and seemed annoyed. The food was good when we could gef it. The second morning was the same but at least the chef was trying to keep enough food out.
Ideal venue to visit Harry PotterPotter

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Allan P, General Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear David179

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to us.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback although i have noted your disappointment regarding our Breakfast offering, we did face some challenges on that day of which I hope you will accept my apologies as an isolated incident.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon for another hassle free stay.

San Francisco
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel on the 15th march for 1 night with hubby n son as we was going to harry potter studios which is only a 10 min ride away. The room was lovely n clean spacious n comfortable n the staff where very nice. The breakfast was the best we have had in a long time n set us up for the 3 hours travel home. Would stay in the hotel again. Didnt have evening meal went to toby cavalry down the road which was very nice.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear CazSmith42

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team as this will act as positive encouragement as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon for another hassle free stay and maybe another visit to the Harry Potter Studio.

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with a friend in a twin room. The room itself was ok if abit tired. There is no air conditioning which made it a very uncomfortable nights sleep. I had both windows open and was still unbearably hot even in the middle of the night. We didn't have breakfast as we felt if was too pricey especially as there is a mcdonalds next door you would think it would be competitively priced. We also enquired about evening meals and the buffet was priced at £22 which I think is way too much for a buffet. The shower was freezing cold for both my friend and I which I found very disappointing. Good points were; price, bed was very comfortable, friendly helpful staff, ample parking and hotel is easy to find. For the price I would stay again providing the hot water situation was addressed

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Laurenlittle

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Having checked the room that you stayed in we did find adequate levels of hot water available and i apologise that this was not the case during your stay.

Selby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Perfectly functional but in desperate need of an update and need more staff to cope with busy times such as breakfast and check out.

Room was a good size but because it was in the extension part which is of modular construction there was a lot of noise from the corridor and neighbouring rooms.

Food average quality but over priced, the main restaurant was soulless with no atmosphere so ate in bar 2nd night

Breakfast was chaotic both days 2nd day the hot breakfast buffet was luke warm at best

Directions to the business centre extremely confusing, you have to circumnavigate the hotel to almost end up back where you started, even the staff didn't know the way!!

Room average cleanliness, some plastic cable tags were on the floor before when first entering room and still there on check out, likewise the sticky ring marks on the table top! Towels smelt of 'biscuits'

Room Tip: Try and ask for one in the original building rather than the extension
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank alison r
Dear Alison R

Chatham kent
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have just stayed here for three weeks and I could not have wished for better, from the super attentive and friendly staff,who could not do enough for us all on the same course, to the clean and cosy room and very comfy bed, the attentive housekeeping (who checked every day that I was satisfied with my room and cleanliness. The staff in the restaurant were superb as was chef, who all could not do enough for us, they were so friendly especially our waitress Natalie (you are a star). I would be more than happy to stay there again. Thank you all! Glenda xx

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Scruffy Cat

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor after your three week stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and to read that the team were so accomodating during your stay.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon for another hassle free stay.