Mercure London Watford Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$117
US$106
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Watford(Watford)
US$109
US$103
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn London Watford(Watford)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$86
Hotels.com
US$82
US$74
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel(Watford)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$54
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel(Watford)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Bar/Lounge
US$82
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,095 results
All reviewssteam room and saunaleisure facilitiesfull englishlovely staffharry potter tourcarla
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from 9th till 28th March 2014 for the Royal National orthopaedic hospital hypermobility joint syndrome rehab programme. I paid Friday,Saturday and Sunday nights myself. Reception staff were so helpful and friendly. Chef cooked anything we asked for even if not on menu, just needed a days notice! Thank you. Restaurant staff were helpful and friendly as were bar staff. House keeping team worked very hard. Gym and pool staff also helpful and polite. Beds are very comfy! I loved staying there, didn't want to go home and hope to return again soon. Free on-site parking or £10 taxi from Watford junction train station.

• Stayed: March 2014
Allan P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Surfer045

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and to read that the team were so helpfull during your stay.

I will pass on your comments to the team as this will act as positive encouragement as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another hassle free stay.

Janette McKenna
Personnel & Training Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here twice in the last two weeks. Very helpful staff Lee-Anne being top of the class. Rooms are grand with nice bathroom (with a bath always good). The television is really difficult to use and fiddly. Breakfast is very good and again the staff are very helpful. For a staging to London the prices are quite ok.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty much the same clean but carpet is threadbare.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Allan P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Noel G

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and to read that the team were so accomodating during your stay.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the team and in particular Leanne, as this will act as positive encouragement as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon for another hassle free stay.

Janette McKenna
Personnel & Training Manager

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here overnight as my son was competing in London so booked as a group.. paid £50 for the room for my 11yrar old and myself.. rooms very basic.. bathroom basic... beds comfy though really in need of a whole makeover the hotel looks tired....breakfast good choice and hot... the kids had fun in the swimmimg pool...this hotel did us for what we needed..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rafi7
Allan P, General Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear rafi7

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure London Watford Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback,

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed in the Mercure London Watford on the 30th of March for 1 night. It was a treat for my husbands birthday; taking him to the Harry Potter experience.

We checked in at around 3pm on the 30th; on reception was a young girl and a slightly grumpy older gentleman. The young girl seemed new to the job or the role on front desk. The gentleman was rather rude to her when she was about to check us in stating 'don't use that computer, its mine' which in front of paying guests is a bit rude. She checked us in finally after 10/15 minutes of messing about and having him print our receipt. We were not given any indication of where or what time breakfast was despite paying for it and it being noted by her in our card.

Our room, 301 was a nice size and really hot. Opening the windows didn't seem to help. The bed was comfy, the pillows were useless and my husband couldn't sleep because of the heat and lack of pillows. We didn't phone reception, based on the experience we had earlier we felt they would just be as bad.

We ventured downstairs for 9am on the safe side for breakfast. The breakfast area wasn't that busy, but it took the staff 15 minutes for them to attend and seat us. Once we sat down, we chose a few items from the heated area to start us off and then for us to re-visit. 5 minutes after collecting our 1st small plate the food was removed and returned to the kitchen. At 9:30 breakfast ends, which no one told us.. We had paid £10 each for a slice of toast, some beans and some sausage.

On departing the hotel, I complained to the woman behind reception. She didn't care.

I think this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. I wont be visiting again and I'd happily tell everyone I know who is going to Harry Potter to avoid this hotel. Customer service is key to any business and especially hotels. Poor show..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 30Couple
Allan P, General Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear 30couple

We appreciate your feedback,

Kind Regards

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed at the Mercure London Watford on the evenings of Friday 21 and Saturday 22 March on a KGB deal.
We were very happy with the room (332) which was very spacious and clean although it did get very warm at night despite there being no heating on. A fan was provided which did help.
We enjoyed a very nice meal of sirloin steak and Aberdeen Angus burger on the Friday evening and the breakfast was good with hot plates and plenty of choice.
The hotel is nicely situated for Watford Junction railway station with easy onward access into London. We obtained an off peak return with off peak London travelcard for £16.40 per person for travel into Euston which included all tubes etc on the Saturday.
I can understand some comments that the hotel is tired - the doors to the rooms were a bit shabby but overall, a clean and efficiently run hotel.
We would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Room 332 is quite a way from reception but has a king size bed and a separate lounge with sofa bed etc
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Allan P, General Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear EllenandRichard55

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to us.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the team as this will act as positive encouragement as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon for another hassle free stay.