“the worst hotel in the world”

Mercure London Watford Hotel
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Hotel is used as a school knocking shop for kids that come in all through the night,People are disrespectful and the walls are like paper. You hear every word and foot step of the person next door and constant banging. You may as well not even try to go to sleep just stay up all night and last it out, staff are in effectual with no policies about quiet during the night. You can hear toilets flushing , and you hear someone going to bed and turning the light switch off.

Room Tip: rooms are all the same
6  Thank janet j
Allan P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Janet J

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Please be assured I will be discussing all your comments with the Management team and will take appropriate action to ensure where possible these issues are addressed to prevent future occurrences.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing these matters to our attention, all too often people are not forthcoming when things go awry and that is actually to our detriment as hoteliers, as it enables us to put things right for the future.

Mercure is committed to delivering the highest standards possible to guests and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mercure London Watford Hotel so that the team and I can demonstrate that to you.

Janette McKenna

Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 days & it was a memorable one. The service I received was outstanding. I was treated very well & all the staff took care of my every requirement with a smile. I would like to say an extremely 'HUGE' thank you to Mr Advait & Ms Maria who were simply amazing.
I also would like to thank the following : Jerusalem Mamo, Natalie Carter , Jake, Vanessa , Amber & Leanne who catered for my needs, The food was delicious, well served & everything was tidy & immaculate. If I have left anyone out I apologize.
Many thanks for the complimentary services I received. I will surely recommend this hotel to anyone who is interested in staying here. Once again thanks for making my stay a wonderful one! Excellent customer services is an important quality of a hotel & it makes the stay a pleasant one. All the staff were polite, helpful & friendly.

Take care everyone & all the best.

Dear A A

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

I will pass on your comments to the team, in particular those mentioned as this will act as positive encouragement as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I booked to stay for two nights in a twin-room with my brother but soon after arrival I had to complain about the lack of any room or bathroom heating. I had just driven 100 miles in the rain and the outside temperature was only 11 c. Unfortunately the heating could not be fixed that night but would, I was told, be attended to the following day.
However, on arriving for my second evening around 6pm there was still no heating and I was then told this could not be remedied. Therefore I checked out of the Mercure and found a comfortable Hilton a short distance away. I was given no refund for the loss of my second night at the Mercure.

Room Tip: The English weather is completely unpredictable so please check that the room heating works. The Mer...
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels
2  Thank Graham E

Dear Graham E

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I apologise for the inconvenience caused to youand your brother

I would like to apologise for what I appreciate must have been a very irritating series of incidents and to assure you that, where necessary direct action has been taken to ensure no future repetition.

Janette Mckenna

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank JDub_JDub

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here for a week for a wedding nearby. The receptionist on first day was good but thereafter the service was poor. In fact they were very rude. I came from the USA and was not familiar with many things including TV channels but there was no help. I placed wake up calls but none were honored. I almost missed a flight. The shower door leaks, so there is water all over the floor and one can fall. I requested ironing board three times and then it finally arrived. I had a deluxe room but space for hanging and storing your luggage was minimal at best. Only one drawer to place your belongings. If you are a couple, this is insufficient. The housekeeper spoke no English and therefore hard to communicate. Overall the gym was good but one of the young receptionist was extremley rude. The hotel is conveniently located but very poor service.

K. Rajani

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Krishna R

Dear Krishna R

Dear 30couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure London Watford Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback,

Kind Regards

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Cannot fault service. Natalie the waitress was faultless. Bala the chef a really good chef. Shall be staying again. Rooms very clean. Swimming pool, sauna and steam room a must do. Would recommend this hotel 100 per cent. Could not fault this hotel. They also do a lovely breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank ian r

Dear ian r

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and to read that the team were so helpfull during your stay.

I will pass on your comments to the team, in particular Natalie & Bala, as this will act as positive encouragement as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very pleased with the service at the hotel, chef Bala and Natalie very helpful and lovely food, would stay at the mercure hotel again. Overall I have no complaints about my stay in the hotel, very pleased

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Steven M

Dear Steven M

Personnel & Training Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Watford
Hilton Watford
4 mi away
The Grove Hotel
The Grove Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chandler's Cross

Been to Mercure London Watford Hotel? Share your experiences!