“Disappointing”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Watford
inverness, scotland
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in June. Upon arrival instead of twin room we were given a double (travelled with my female colleague) despite specifically requesting twin! We were quite disappointed to see a double bed. When we complained we were told we'd need to pay extra to get a twin room which is bizzare!! Very poor service.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere as hotel is out on the sticks.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank wild_strawberry24
Allan P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Wild Strawberry 24

Janette McKenna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Mercure

Stairs and Hallway above the room. Very squeaky and noisy every time someone walked that way. This was not a quiet room at all!
The entire ceiling shook when people walked above the room- creaky and could hear every word spoken! This is the worse family room.

Bar closed at 23:00 and bluntly refused to serve us as she was cashing up. Very rude and anti- customer service. Told us to come back later... terrible service

Family Room was old. The lock on the Window near the 'extra bed' was broken.
Old, dated but overall poor.

No door in the bathroom! Lack of privacy,
blocking of unpleasant noises (and smells!). Ridiculous.

But the worst issue was the noise. All night all we got were people walking above the room and it felt as though the ceiling was going to collapse! When i mentioned all my issues upon checkout, i was told that "feedback is appreciated"... Thats it!!!!
Do not stay here. There is a Hilton down the road.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Perfect1world
Allan P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Perfect1world

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I have discussed your comments with the seniour management team at the hotel who have implemented measures in an effort to address the issues and to prevent future occurances.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. Mercure is committed to delivering the highest standards possible to guests and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mercure London Watford Hotel so that the team and I can demonstrate that to you.

Halifax
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for the first time (normally stay at Premier Inn, Croxley). Not sure if hotel is going through renovations as if you look left from reception it all looks.....tired. Looking right and it looks quite modern and stylish. The room was adequate with standard kettle and packet coffee etc but it also had a coffee machine (nespresso) + 4 capsules, which made a nice change.
Room had ironing board, pc and....leather recliner (?). Bed and bathroom were good with towels behind a glass screen. Shower was good, but in fixed position.
Only complaint was room was too warm and unable to open window due to external noise and security (ground floor).
Breakfast was nice with wide choice (full english, porridge, cereals, fruit, patisseries etc. Staff all seemed helpful and attentive.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Crazysurfkid

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will pass on your comments to the team, as this will act as positive encouragement as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another hassle free stay.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The room lacked information not only about the local area but also what is available in the hotel. My Fiance and I would have gone for some spa treatments if any of the information was actually in the room. The room was filthy and the free standing lamp, which acted as the main light, had such a thick coating of dust that when we had it turned on it began to smoke. There were no numbers in the room for us to call the front desk to have it sorted and so we had to leave it off. I expected much more for the amount we paid and would definitely not recommend or stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AHBD
Allan P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear AHBD

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with the Front Office Manager and Head Housekkeper. I will take appropriate action to ensure where possible these issues are addressed to prevent future occurrences.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We only stayed 1 night so can't comment at length. I expect though that a fundamental necessity for the bathroom is a door -for privacy and blocking out unpleasant noises!! The rooms are tired-again, no wardrobe door-what do they have against doors for heavens sake? And the noise is really bad-people walking above sounds like a herd of elephants. No, I'm afraid this hotel leaves a lot to be desired accommodation wise.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ElaineCashin
Dear ElaineCashin

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Please be assured I will be discussing all your comments with the Management team and will take appropriate action in house where possible to ensure these issues are addressed to prevent future occurrences.

Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Hotel was terrible, food was poor in the breakfast room and chaotic servic. Phones never answered in reception when you rang down, and the rooms were very run down. Would not recommend or will stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank colin_morrissey
Dear Colin Morrissey

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Please be assured I will be discussing all your comments with the Management team and will take appropriate action to ensure where possible these issues are addressed to prevent future occurrences.