“Great Service & Great Food”
Review of Hilton Watford

Hilton Watford
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Bristol
“Great Service & Great Food”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Great and courteous staff that always make you feel very welcome and who get to know you by name if you are a repeat visitor

The hotel from the outside, the bar furniture in places, and the rooms are showing their age a little but the beds are very comfortable and the ambience in the bar is usually very good on an evening.

The price of beer is reasonable for a hotel and the steaks I've had for the last 2 nights have been exceptional.

I've been staying here since November last year and it's been home from home for me.

Room Tip: Good base for exploring Herts and neighbouring counties or pop into Watford, catch the Metropolitan...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Watford when we went to London with parrys the couch company we had a very nice room which was very clean .a lovely evening meal with very good service .and breakfast the next day was first class.

Room Tip: High floor we had no noise at all
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Doesn't look like much from the outside but hard to find a much better looked after hotel. Lovely clean room, fast room service, great breakfast and staff that really seem to care about making your stay a good one. Bravo!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here earlier this week and had a few complaints. Number one was that my room card didn't work when I got to my room ... which was five minutes from reception. Annoying but not the end of the world. Number two, the room smelt of chlorine. I guess it was above the swimming pool! Annoying but I could cope. Number three, a man was given the same room key and walked into my room when I was in bed! It scared the living daylights out of the both of us!!! Thank god he had a suitcase or I would have thought I was being burgled! Breakfast was okay, but a bit cold. Apart from that ... it was bulk standard! Wouldn't rush back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Antony_of_Surrey
long buckby
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Bar and reception really cold. Everyone had their coats on in the downstairs bar. Staff allegedly turned the heat up but didn't really seem to make a difference. The problem is probably the sliding doors in reception constantly opening and closing letting the cold air in.So they need to heat the hotel adequately to compensate for this.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Amsterdam
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed at the Watford Hilton for 1 night only. We stayed here as we knew the hotel: location good, gym/swimming facilities, good sized bedrooms, and always presentable. However, this looked very different now travelling with a 6 month old baby.

Firstly I had to enter the disabled entrance at the side of the hotel and then negotiate my way through a maze of fire doors that clearly were labelled No Entry. Try pushing firedoors with a pushchair and heavy bag was difficult, I can't imagine how a disabled person might feel.

I found myself eventually in the bar area, and made my way to the lift. This was very narrow and barely accommodated my pushchair. I meet my husband some 30 minutes later as he though I got lost.
We then made our way through the narrow corridors: again through several heavy fire doors: my husband had both the case and other hand luggage with him.
We got to our room and there was no cot for our baby: despite having pre-arranged this.

It was just being erected. Alas no bedlinen and a mattress that was so thin, my baby might as well have slept on the floor. We asked Housekeeping for some bedding, and he returned with a towel. Yes. He returned the 2nd time with a double-sized duvet: for a 6 month old baby. On his 3rd attempt, he brought a double-sized blanket.

We adapted: used our playmat - which we so happened to have with us - and a blanket that I always keep in the car for my baby.

We were clearly not impressed by what we were presented at after a long day of travelling and visiting family and friends.

Furthermore, we found that not one member of staff on duty during our stay was English native and that staff that were on couldn't hardly speak English, let alone understand it. I might as well have stayed in some remote part of Eastern Europe. Is this the face of a hotel, of a leading brand, in close proximity to London?

For this reason, even though the location of the hotel, meets our needs, whilst visiting this part of London, we won't be staying here again: even though I am a HH Honours Members.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed Saturday evening,the room was nice ,clean and had everything we needed. The staff were friendly and helpful. The gym is small and lacks any real equipment and the pool area is in drastic need of an update!! There was a function on when we stayed and the music was stop loud we couldn't hear the tv in our room. We were offered to move rooms at 11pm ....which once we unpacked seemed stressful at midnight. The music did eventually stop but then we were woken again and 1am and 2am by drunken revellers returning to their rooms. By 7am children were running up and down the corridor. We left at 9am exhausted!! Not the usual Hilton standard!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family