“hilton hotel watford”

Hilton Watford
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Watford
“hilton hotel watford”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

really good hotel, polite staff and rooms are very clean and beds are so comfortable.. slept like a log! not the best of locations but still close to the making of harry potter which was purpose of our trip. overall amazing!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Hilton Watford has great access to the M1 / M25 / A41 making travel to or from various events and place quite easy, Bushey and Wathford stations are also only a short taxi ride away. This hotel has a great freindly team that will make you feel right at home wether visiting on business or pleasure. The gym and pool are a great place to release the stress,s of the day followed by some great fayre from the bar and restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel was in a bad location with no local amenities or transport so cost a bomb in taxis. The hotel was fairly clean but dated and unimpressive. For the price I paid for my partners birthday weekend I was extremely disappointed by the overall experience. The photos on the booking website were deceiving and upon arrival I knew straight away it wasn't going to be the surprise I expected for my partner. The bar downstairs had inexperienced bar staff that was unaware of the products on sale and was unable to make cocktails !!! The only positive of this hotel is the pool and spa area however I previously worked as a lifeguard and was shocked that there are cameras on the poolside which is an invasion of privacy and if you have children then I would be extremely cautious of this !!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here for Capital Cup Final at Wembley( as I have done several times before). Ideal position but this visit was disappointing. Put in smoking room and told I didn't specify I wanted non- smoking. I did and could proof it on the email cancellation. Hotel was full so no other room! As it was the room didn't smell that much but......... Room was tired, dirty carpet, cracked wash basin. Although bed was very comfy. Reception on TV poor and no fridge. Definitely needs updating but is convenient for our frequent trips to Wembley!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

After seeing on a website and calling up a few days before my mum and I decided to go and look for my wedding venue and I always drive past the hilton and the location is great in the middle of both our families, when we walked in I asked about the wedding fair which was not being held, that was fine as I was there I asked if I could see the rooms to be told they were being "undressed"? I had to ask for a wedding brochure :-( not the best service!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was not up to the usual Hilton standard I am afraid to say. The staff were friendly and helpful enough but the rooms and decor could do with updating. Room was adequately equipped with the usual exception of a lack of an easily accessible plug socket to charge my mobile phone. Easy enough to find but I won't be rushing back anytime soon. Sorry!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Burton Latimer, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Very good service from the staff as they were able to change my room to suit my needs on this visit.the room was spacious and well laid out the bed was a joy to sleep in.the shower was excellent.the food was good in the restaurant however I wish they had a menu with more choice of food and also they need to make the portions bigger as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business