“Mixed feelings....”
Review of Hilton Watford

Hilton Watford
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I got married in this hotel Nov 2013 in the New Hertford Suite. We had a great day and the staff working with us on the day were absolutely supurb. The Hertford suite is a good size and looked fantastic once decorated(I would definitely recommend decorating this hall as it looks a bit dated otherwise). We had access to the suite from 7am until 1am which was perfect for our event.

They only have 2 room suites at this hotel, I stayed in both as I was there for 2 nights. They are both very nice apart from the lighting is terrible!! They need some more powerful bulbs as it's very dark and dull in the sitting areas.

The service at the bar and food area downstairs is pretty slow and the table service is non existent. However after I complained they started to look after me (it might have been coz they knew I was the groom!) There is one Asian guy who was in charge of the food/bar area who was fantastic(sorry can't remember his name) once he started working the service seemed to get alot better! Bar prices however are very high considering how dated the place is and the level of service.

Breakfast was decent with a good selection of both hot and cold food.

Overall I would recommend this hotel as the spa facilities are good, clean rooms and good location. Maybe my experience was slightly better than most as I got married here and was treated well by the majority of staff.

Some words of advice if you are thinking of booking an event or wedding at this hotel.... Make sure you have everything in writing/email as there was alot of things discussed and promised that never happened as 'they were not in our agreement'. I got really annoyed about the way we had agreed things that hilton never followed through with, then got even angrier when a member of staff showed me my agreement to 'prove' things were not agreed, when I know they were!!! Also manager for the evening was constantly asking us to turn the music down (it wasn't too loud to start with) and threatened my dj to cut his power!!! As a manager there has to be better ways of dealing with this rather then threats!

Apart from these little things my party had a great time and I am now happily married:)

If I didn't stay in the suites and get married here I probably would have rated this hotel 3 stars as alot of my guests had a few issues.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is just fine for a business trip but make sure you're not there in warm weather. Rooms do not have any air conditioning. They do supply a small fan.

The rooms are a decent size. No frills. Feels more like a Hilton Garden Inn if you are comparing to US hotels. The carpet in my room was heavily stained. This place definitely needs an update!

Great staff. Nice bar and restaurant, and room service although I didn't try it.

Doe not seem to be within walking distance from anything. We had to rely on Taxis to visit our business colleagues in nearby Radlett.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've been staying in this hotel with work for over 12 years largely due to the lack of choice back then & points.However after a recent stay June 2014 on a hot summer night it dawned on me that this place doesn't have air conditioning! My stay was awful beds are old and creaky fans provided for the heat!. I'm sorry but the place is tired now far better hotels in the area now with better facilities, don't be bought into the Hilton brand with this place. It's definitely due a refurbishment for the basic amenities. I sorry to post such a poor review as the staff are 1st class particularly the ladies (double act) at breakfast always make you smile before the long day ahead :-) Winter I may be back but please invest a bit of money and get back to a venue worth staying at. Cheers

1  Thank LancsMJC
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The staff and service at the Hilton Watford is very good. They were friendly, helpful and efficient which is what you expect from the Hilton brand. The location of this hotel is excellent for when i'm working in the area which is my main decision making criteria for booking this hotel. As the actual hotel it self is not what you would usually expect from the Hilton brand as it is in real need of some TLC, and modernisation. Good value for mont for this particular area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The location is fine, but hotel looks grotty from the outside. Room was large and clean.

However, £135 for Room Only and limited TV channels, £15 for internet, no aircon and motorway noise from nearby M1 deafening if you opened window.

I have to say at least £50 over priced.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

stayed with my family as we were going to the harry potter studios. ,fast check in, fantastic room, very clean, used the gym and pool which were good. breakfast very good lots to choose from ie hot food,cereals,pastries and fruit. will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend for one night, after a spa day which was booked through groupon. Garag value spa staff were excellent and extremely helpful and treatments were good. Wasn't expecting much as it is quite an old hotel and no where special but staff were willing to help and even checked us in at 10:30am rather than making us wait until 3pm. Hotel is dated and there are signs of wear and tear but it is very clean which in my opinion is most important.
Definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple