“Watford Lovely”
Review of Hilton Watford

Hilton Watford
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Hotel itself is not very new, but the bed is comfortable, room is big, the breakfast is tasty. The one I personally like, is a very nice and adorable personel, which made my stay lovely pleasureble.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Angela H H, Manager at Hilton Watford, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the stay mainly to your liking and the staff looked after you. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (1,819)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

There is simply to much to put in words but to say this is a very tired hotel that needs a total refurbishment and the staff need retraining, in my opinion the hotel does not offer what other Hilton hotels offer, if you make a complaint the staff try to avoid the complaint which makes you think its a regular occurrence, for the location the hotel was ideal, but the cleanliness and service was woeful

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank David Q
Angela H H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Watford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Watford and for giving your valuable time to discuss your stay further with our Interim General Manager.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel in August on a Saturday night. The hotel is well-located (we stayed there because we were visiting the Harry Potter Studios) but not much to look at from the outside. The reception, seating and dining areas are very well-furnished and the staff were friendly. We stayed in a Deluxe King room (328) towards the end of a corridor (which I recommend as it was spacious and there wasn't too much noise due to doors slamming or people walking by). The bed was surprisingly comfortable, we weren't expecting such a good night's sleep because you could hear the springs and it sounded very old when we sat on it. The room itself was well-maintained, but the bathroom needed a little TLC to bring it up to standard (just a lick of paint). Our toilet didn't flush reliably and you had to pump the handle. We went to the spa area and it looked really good - shame we forgot our swimming kit! We had planned to eat at the hotel, but ended up going out because only the bar menu or buffet were available. There was plenty of choice at breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Angela H H, Manager at Hilton Watford, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review about the Hilton Watford. I was pleased to learn that you had a good stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Watford area.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here at the weekend as we were attending a wedding in the area. I have no complaints whatsoever. Our rooms were perfect. Very clean, very comfortable,had everything we needed and we managed to book these at a reasonable price. The reception staff were lovely and extremely helpful. We had lunch in the Patio Bar and the food arrived quickly, was really nice, piping hot and there was plenty of it. We had breakfast at the hotel too and, again, the food was hot and enjoyable. Staff in the restaurant were nice and very pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a hotel in the Watford area within easy reach of the M25 and the M1. Finally, I must make a special mention to Abiola who was working in the Patio Bar whilst we were there. She really looked after us and nothing was too much trouble despite our endless requests/questions. Staff like Abiola really are a credit to the Hilton Hotel chain!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Angela H H, Manager at Hilton Watford, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Watford , I was delighted to read your comments and they will be shared with all the relevant departments. I have also noted your very kind feedback about the way Abiola for her great custiomer care. We look forward to having th eopportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in the Watford area.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Hilton hotel in Watford for a weekend as we were there to see the Harry potter studios. The hotel was fantastic for the money we paid. Our room had a comfy bed, very good tv and bathroom facilities and other helpful accessories.
Looking for someway of spending our sat afternoon, we found the spa section which has free pool facilities along with a jacuzzi and gym and steam room. The breakfast buffet was also fantastic with so much choice I had to go up for 4ths.
All in all a lovely hotel if you want a relaxing stay and or indeed you are visiting the warner bros studios down the road! (Which is also amazing)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for completing your review on the Hilton Watford, I was delighted to learn that you and your girlfiend had a good stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

had a very good stay at the Hilton Watford, staff were excellent, food was very good especially the breakfast, I used the gym while I was there and found it a bit on the small side other than that it was a clean and well maintained gym, room was large, clean & comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Watford . I was pleased to read your feedback about the excellent customer care you recieved from our staff and that you enjoyed using the hotel facilities. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in th eWatford area.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a night at this hotel, the room a good size, clean and had all the things you'll need. The staff were friendly and service was good. We ordered room service, they said it would be half an hour and it arrived in less.
The only thing I didn't like was when at one point of our stay someone knocked at the door, since I wasn't expecting anything, I did not answer it at once; but the door just opened and it the room boy asking if we ordered extra beddings. This too me is inappropriate.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on the Hilton Watford and I was pleased to see on the whole you had a good stay and we have noted your feedback about our housekeeping team and this will be shared their Manager. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are in th eWatford area.

yours sincerely

Also consider these accommodations in or near Watford
Mercure London Watford Hotel
Jurys Inn London Watford
Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction
Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel

Been to Hilton Watford? Share your experiences!