“A Comfy Stay”
Review of Hilton Watford

Hilton Watford
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Just stayed the one night with my daughter as we were going to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour and it was near by.
Check in was nice and smooth and the guy on reception very polite. We found our room and it was really nice. Very clean and spacious, it suited us for the night. Slept really well too.
Breakfast... Was greeted and shown to a table. The breakfast was buffet style, hot and cold foods available. I thought there was ample choice. The coffee was good too.
Check out was easy enough and we went on our merry way.
I would recommend anyone to stay here. Ok, it may be a little tired but so what? All areas were clean, staff all polite. Breakfast was more than ample. Location, brilliant.

1  Thank MazJuna
Angela H H, Manager at Hilton Watford, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Check in was efficient. The room was clean and spacious. Comfortable bed and pillows. Usual tea/coffee and toiletries plus iron and hairdryer. Only downside was there was a large crack in the bathroom sink, that didn't look nice but I assume didn't leak. Although we only paid £80 for B&B in summer sale, nothing stood out enough for me to give 'excellent' rating. However, our breakfast experience did stand out. The staff were friendly and efficient. One in particular took time to ask us about our trip and made us feel like individuals rather than just another guest to be served. There was a good selection of food and we enjoyed everything we ate. Our plates/bowls etc were removed at just the right time after each course. We didn't feel rushed or that we were hanging around waiting for plates to be removed. After breakfast we sat in the bar area, reading the newspaper - a relaxing way to end a leisurely breakfast time. The location is good. Easy to find, close to M1 and we drove to Camden in less than half hour at about 10am. Free parking was a bonus. Other hotels nearby, such as Travelodge, were cheaper but the Hilton (with breakfast) would be our first choice if we return to the area because we felt we got good value even though we didn't make the most of what was on offer. We didn't use the gym or pool.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we were delighted to read your feedback about our breakfast team. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We booked this hotel because it was close to the warner studio tour. The hotel was easy to find and very tidy at first glance, the staff at the desk were very polite and helpful.
The rooms were very clean and spacious, the bathroom a good size and again well maintained.
After a meal out we went for a drink in the bar, when the staff found out it was my daughter's birthday they brought out a slice of cake with a candle in it and the plate was decorated.
I've only taken one star of the review for the sky high prices of the drinks but I will say the staff were fantastic throughout the hotel and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the stay to your liking and thank you for your kind words about the hotel team, I have shared these with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Watford on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed one night here for my sons birthday prior to going to the Harry Potter Studio Tour. Although the building exterior is uninspiring, the welcome we received was very good and the staff were friendly and efficient. On booking, I had mentioned that we were staying for my sons birthday and we were greeted in our room with a card and birthday cake (very nice baked vanilla cheesecake) which was a lovely touch.
The room we had was a junior suite for 2 adults and 1 child. It was clean, spacious and great for our purposes. We used the swimming pool and spa. The pool and spa were a little small, but I do like the fact that the pool water is warmer at Hilton Hotels than some other chains (Holiday Inn please take note!).
Breakfast was to the usual Hilton standard (i.e. very good) but surprisingly there was no haggis or black pudding available for the cooked breakfast that Hilton usually has. One other comment, I always think that coffee tastes better when there is a self service machine that you use rather than having a pot that is brought to your table. I know that the service looks better but I think that too often the coffee becomes a little stale. Something to look at perhaps.
Value for money - pretty good. I paid about £100 for the room with breakfast in the summer sale which for a weekday night near London is good when I compared other nearby hotels. Easy access off the M1/M25 and the studio tour (very good too) is only about 10-15 minutes drive from the hotel.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Angela H H, Manager at Hilton Watford, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hilton Watford, I was delighted to learn that your son had a lovely birthday and that the team looked after you

Reviewed 21 August 2014

On first arrival my partner & i were put off due to the old looking hotel entrance which was worn away and can be seen! staff were polite but could have warned us that we needed a park code to exit the hotel car park. but still wont fault them on our stay. The room was basic for the price. smelt nice and was clean, i only fault it on the bed! It was very hard mattress and on wheels with no stop brake. so any movement caused us to fly across the room! The best thing about our stay would be the breakfast! the food was great! plenty of choices and plenty of food cooked! but value for money the price for this room was poor. i expected alot more from a Hilton hotel and was let down.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with us, I was pleased to read your commment about our staff and the breakfast . I have noted that you found the bed a bit to firm for your liking and this has been noted and we have also noted the areas where we can make some improvements. I do hope that the next time you are in the Watfor darea we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

not being allocated the type of room reserved as a couple. Every effort made to compensate and we left the following day on a happier note. Would use it again but would be extremely angry if that situation occurred again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

thank you for taking the time to complete one of our on line reviews , we are sorry that we were not able to give you your choice of room , but I was pleased to learn that the team did everything in their power to ensure that you had an enjoyable stay with us and hope the next time you are in the area we have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We've stayed in some very average to horrendous hotels in London over the years (see my other reviews) so we thought enough is enough we'll stay in the Hilton & it didn't disappoint. Yes it's not the most modern Hilton but so what??? We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. NB a taxi from Watford high street station to the hotel is around £10, from Stanmore station to the hotel is around £14 & from Harry Potter world to the hotel is around £10. There is a bus (602) every 15 mins from Watford to the hotel but we didn't do that (would have saved a fortune on taxis!) Polite & helpful staff on arrival, loved the room, fluffiest pillows ever & a proper power shower! No aircon but they are on with sorting this. Breakfast was unreal & the bar isn't badly prices (for a London hotel...) It's also a magnet for 'celebrities' met the whole big brother cast not that I was bothered but the misses was rather excited & met the Leeds rhinos rugby lads. No complaints at all & would decidedly return again & recommend it to anyone who wanted a somewhere that is actually decent to stay in the smog.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jonny W

I was delighted to read your feedback about your recent stay at the Hilton Watfor d and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.