“Always amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tarboush Cafe

Tarboush Cafe
Ranked #1 of 255 Restaurants in Watford
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a small friendly restaurant close to the centre of Watford. We serve authentic freshly made lebanese cuisine and have an all weather garden area where people can eat, relax, maybe smoke a shisha pipe and forget they are in the Britain for a little while. We are open 11am till midnight, seven days a week.We can cater to large and small parties so if you are planning an evening out give us a call or pop in and see us.Hopefully we will see you soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Always amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Favourite place to eat in Watford. The food is always fantastic (recommend everything on the menu! plus the staff are have very helpful suggestions depending on your tastes) and the prices are great. Very friendly and good atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great food, great service, great value. We visit as often as possible, both for take-away and eating in. The freshly squeezed juices (especially melon!) are fantastic. Visit as soon as you can!

Watford, United Kingdom
“Best cuisine for miles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great food, great atmosphere, even greater staff and service.

I've been coming here since it opened many years ago, and it just keeps getting better.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant in Watford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

This is a great restaurant, the food, drinks, desert were amazing. We regularly bring our clients here for lunch and dinner and have never been disappointed. The staff are really friendly and the owner himself makes you feel so welcome! Thank you for a great service, keep up the good work!

“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We came to this restaurant hoping for a nice meal but unfortunately our evening was spoilt by ignored orders, being asked to move tables so another group of people could be accommodated and eventually when our food turned up it was charred and cold. The place is extremely short staffed with 2 waiters serving the entire garden. The service we received was beyond belief and utterly disappointing (not what I expected from one of the best restaurants in town). So after placing my order I waited an hour and a half before I questioned the waiter (who later admitted he forgot to hand my order to the chef). By the time my food arrived it was too late to eat and I ended up going home on an empty stomach. No concession was offered. I will not be going back and do not recommend this place to anyone hoping for a nice meal out.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Shootingstarrr
TarboushWatford, Manager at Tarboush Cafe, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
I was surprised by your review and upset that you felt the need to exaggerate and lie. You both came to our restaurant on Wednesday evening, you had not booked. You asked to be sat in the garden where instead of waiting to be seated you seated yourselves. The table you sat at was booked for a group so we had to move you. This was before your order had been taken.

I took the order and put it through our system, unfortunately the order did not get passed to the kitchen, I was unaware of this until 15 minutes later when I chased up your order as this is when I would expect it to be ready. I then discovered the kitchen had not received the ticket with the order. I immediately came to you (you had not asked anyone about your meal or raised any concerns about it being late) I apologised and told you it would be another 15 minutes as we do cook from fresh. You told me it was not a problem. Your meal was served 15 minutes later so in total you waited half an hour NOT an hour and a half.

The second issue I have is that you complained that your food was cold and charred and yet you only ordered about 6 starters half of them were cold mezze. The only grill item you had was halloumi cheese and 100% this was not charred and burnt. You ate all of the food and I even asked how the food was and you said nice.

You did not complain or raise and issue and I am not a mind reader. If I had known you were unhappy I would have tried to sort it out. We were unexpectedly busy that evening and we were a staff member down and we apologise if this impacted your evening. If you decide not to visit us again this is your choice. We do try to give all our customers an enjoyable dining experience but you cannot please all of the people all of the time. I would advise however in the future when writing reviews to try to be honest.