“Great party Restraunt great food”

Tarboush Lebanese & Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 272 Restaurants in Watford
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a small friendly restaurant close to the centre of Watford. We serve authentic freshly made lebanese cuisine and have an all weather garden area where people can eat, relax, maybe smoke a shisha pipe and forget they are in the Britain for a little while. We are open 11am till midnight, seven days a week.We can cater to large and small parties so if you are planning an evening out give us a call or pop in and see us.Hopefully we will see you soon.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The staff , the owner really make you feel welcome , had a great time for my daughters 21st birthday party every body enjoyed it , food was excellent will be back 10/ 10

3  Thank trevmyster
Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Went for a quick bite, food and service was brilliant, I highly recommend the kibeh and fattoush. Service always comes with a smile and great value for money

3  Thank Hello869
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I just got back after getting fresh strawberry and lime juice and a lamb shawerma wrap.What an absolute treat!
Every time we have been there, been very impressed by:

1. Friendly service especially by Qais himself.

2. Quality of the food prepared by the Chef Mohamed and

3.The ambience and atmosphere.

Will never get tired of this place as they are always looking to improve.

2  Thank Shaheen M
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Okay, walking down the street to the restaurant, I felt a little unsure. Yes, it's a pretty rough road in Watford, just slightly further on from the main high street and at first glances when we arrived it seemed a little down run on the outside and the restaurant was small and empty. But hey, never judge a book by it's cover, we decided to go for it!

We walked in, and were instantly greeted by a lovely lady who asked us where we'd like to sit (I liked the window table), so we sat there. Now we were handed the drinks menu, and I was gobsmacked! You can basically have anything, and every drink possible, milkshakes, smoothies, juices, fizzy and water. Like most other people have mentioned, they don't sell alcohol, but not a problem, we don't really drink anyway. I had a banana smoothie which was fab, so creamy.

The food menu had variety, and as per usual, my other half and I order as if there's 10 of us eating, but never manage to finish anything ops! I opt for the vegetarian Mezze, and a bunch of other side dishes, while my other half had a lamb dish. It was all mouthwatering and so delicious.

After our meal we were asked if we wanted to go out to the garden for Shisha (neither of us smoke, but who doesn't like some flavoured shisha!?) Now, we walked out into this tent, and it was very dark and rather smokey, but woah, it seemed this is where everyone was hiding. It was very busy, we were seated at a table, got some water and a chap came round with the Shisha. It's not everyone's thing, and it's much nicer when you're in a foreign country in the open air, but it was dirt cheap, having smoked shisha in some very expensive Lebanese restaurants at £30+ it was a fab price.

Overall this restaurant is a secret to Watford, you wouldn't know about it unless you came on tripadvisor (that's how I found it too!), and its a very chilled and lovely place! I am sure it gets busy on the weekends, but we were just very lucky it was quite while eating dinner!

3  Thank Claudia_Yol
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We went for a friends birthday - there was a group of around 12 of us. It took a while for them to take our order and it then took 45 minutes for the starters to arrive!! After they cleared up the starters, we waited an hour for our mains. Yes the restaurant was busy but the waiting times were a joke.
The food is ok, nothing special, the atmosphere of the restaurant is decent.
I would probably return if i was going to dine with no more than 4 people as they cant handle groups.

3  Thank AtkinsKemp
TarboushWatford, Manager at Tarboush Lebanese & Mediterranean Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I would however question the accuracy of your review. The only table for 12 that we have had booked recently was on Wednesday evening. For large groups we normally recommend the set menu. As we cook from fresh it is our experience that group parties flow better when the food is prepared ready for a party. Your party did not want a set menu. The booking was for 6.30 although most of the party were late. We asked a number of times whether your table was ready to order only to be told that you were still waiting for people. We took drink orders (the first was entered on our system just after 6.30). Your party was not ready to order food until 7.00, we had asked a number of times if your table was ready to order and taken drinks orders whilst you were waiting for people. If you speak to your friend who had booked the table she can confirm how many times we had asked her if you were ready to order.

According to your timeline you would not have gotten your starters until 7.45 with your mains arriving at 8.45 and yet your table had finished eating and the bill was paid at 8.15.

I understand it can be frustrating waiting half an hour to order food because people have not turned up on time but that is not our fault. If you check the bill you will see that our timeline is correct and that you did not wait as long as you might have perceived.

We hope that you will try us again and that you have a more pleasant dining experience next time.