“Bit pricey” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Topgolf Watford

Topgolf Watford
Ranked #1 of 9 Fun & Games in Watford
More attraction details
Owner description: Topgolf is the premier golf entertainment complex where the competition of sport meets your favourite local bar. You can challenge your friends and family to addictive point-scoring golf games that anyone from the hopeful pro golfer to your neighbour's 7-year-old can play all year-round. Just picture a 240-yard outfield with dartboard-like targets in the ground. The closer to the centre or "bull's-eye" you get and the further you hit your microchipped balls, the more points you get. Score even bigger with Topgolf's extensive food and drink menu that is sure to impress even the pickiest foodies. It's not golf - it's Topgolf.
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Bit pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great fun, reasonably cheap fees at £10 for unlimited balls, but £40 for 6 drinks, two chips and some very small burgers that turned up cold, so we sent them back, so £60 for 2 hours of golf, yes we didn't have to eat or drink but still very pricey.

Visited May 2014
Claire A, Guest Relations Manager at Topgolf Watford, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Gordyboy123,
Thank you for taking the time to post a response. Please accept my apologies that your sliders arrived to your bay cold.
If you experience any issues during your next visit, please do not hesitate to speak to the Manager on duty and they will ensure any issues can be resolved for you without delay.
We are glad to hear that despite this you had a great time and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best Wishes

Hertfordshire,UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Always a great experience at Top Golf!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Visited again with my family at the weekend and as always we had a great time. Great atmosphere and excellent service.
I have visited many times but feel I must leave a review after reading the dreadful comments made by 'Nicky P'.

Top Golf is a golf game centre - not a nightclub. If I had witnessed such behaviour by a hen party and my young son had unwittingly found himself at the centre of such behaviour whilst using the men's toilets, I would have left.

I am glad to see that Top Golf do not tolerate behaviour that has the potential to damage is reputation and as a parent I feel re-assured that they will deal with inappropriate behaviour effectively.

2 Thank hertsfortysomething
Thank you for your positive response regarding your recent visit to Topgolf. We hope to see you and your son back here soon.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrible beyond belief!! Stay away!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We booked my friends hen party here as they offer packages for stag and hens so appeared to be geared up for it. Everything was going well until we started playing dares, one of which was to 'wee in the men's loos', soon as the hen came out the security guards pounced on her and threw her out, she was in floods of tears, was so awful to see. we tried to reason with the manager who then accused The hens mum and auntie (who are both 70) of threatening him and called the police! The police couldn't believe what a waste of time it was for them as they were told it was practically a riot! It was all way OTT, the police have advised us to write a complaint. Jumped up management and security guards totally ruined what was meant to be one of the best nights of her life!

2 Thank Nicky P
Claire A, Guest Relations Manager at Topgolf Watford, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Good morning Nicky,
Topgolf Watford are very disappointed to hear of your recent experience regarding the hen night you organised.
We are a family orientated Centre, and during the daytime and early evening, at the weekends especially, we have to be mindful of everyone visiting Topgolf.
As I am sure you will understand, our Management team and Associates have a duty of care to ensure all our guests- especially children, have a memorable and enjoyable time during their visit.
Regards,
Oxford
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Cracking day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I've been to top golf now. I love it! It's a good laugh and welcomes all ages. We went for my leaving do at work and took about 12people we didn't have to book we just turned up and were accommodated. Unfortunately nobody shows you how to use it so the few of us that had been before spent half our time explaining how it works. It's not badly priced it's about £7 for 20 balls of your a non-member. Your able to eat and drink whilst you play, the wings and milkshakes are so tasty but food and drink is very over priced.

It's a lovely day out for friends, family or even competitive couples/dates. If your like me it's very frustrating to loose so take your A game! Can't wait to take my family here soon

Thanks Top Golf

Hi Chloe,
Thank you for your positive review, Topgolf Watford are delighted to hear you all had a great time!
When you next visit, please tweet @topgolfcoaching, and one of our friendly Golf Associates will pop along to your bay, and give you free hints and tips to help you lower your handicap!
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to TopGolf Watford soon!
London, United Kingdom
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Where do I start!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

To start a positive:
The actual game and the golf is great fun for all the family.

HOWEVER:
The place is run by kids who just stand around and chat to one another. In the 90 mins we had to wait for a bay 5 of the dirty tables around us never got cleared of food and glasses. The pint I got was filthy, and didn't taste of beer.
You can see plenty of bays free for a very long time. The staff are obviously not keen on getting the turnover done quickly, I sat and watched many empty bays that were not filled for over 40mins!
We ordered churros and instead of chocolate sauce we were given BBQ sauce! Can you believe it!
The bathrooms were disgusting and we saw a member of staff go to the loo without washing their hands.
When I got home I felt so dirty!
Do not go here!...if you do take some wet wipes and make sure you eat before you go.

1 Thank Ted011
Good morning Ted,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please rest assured you comments will be fed back to our Staff and Management team.
To explain the empty bays you witnessed during your visit, these are reserved for Events and need to be free for guests who have paid in advance.
With regards to the wrong sauce you were given with your dessert, we are looking into purchasing different colour ramekins to alleviate this happening again.
It was unfortunate that the Duty Manager was not made aware of these issues during your visit as I am sure they would have rectified the situation for you, promptly and efficiently .
Thank you once again for highlighting these issues. Topgolf Watford always appreciate feedback from our guests, both positive and negative to aid our staff training.
Please accept my sincere apologies that on the day of your visit, our high standards of hospitality were not delivered.