“Don't go there”

Jimmy's Restaurants
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: EAT YOUR WAY AROUND THE WORLDWhen you arrive at JIMMY’S, you’ll be shown to your table, & a drinks order will be taken.If you’re a first timer you’ll have the concept explained to you.Jimmy’s is an ‘All You Can Eat Buffet’ with all your favourite foods from around the world; Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Italian, and there’s also a selection of salads & don’t forget to leave room for dessert. There are LIVE STATIONS with chefs who will cook food to order…including mix your own ice cream.So, all you do is visit the buffet & fill your plate. Once you’ve finished your first plate you’re free to go back to the buffet as many times as you like.It couldn’t be easier.We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

All the 1 bar rating are actually true. I'd honestly give it no bars at all if I could.

We were recommended this place by a friends work place manager saying the food was really nice and so was the customer service. So, we placed a booking for 6 of us and when we got there all the stuff looked depressed and we were giving a side table upstairs. The table was much too small for 6 grown men so we decided to move ourselves and find a better accompanying table.

After seating ourselves down we went and got food. The starters were decent at most. Most of the food were literally empty by the trays so couldn't even try most of the food. The staff didn't seem too happy to be working there at all and I don't blame them. They looked overworked and exhausted. The waiters, however, some of them were decent. There was one waitress walking about as if she owned the place and was looking down at everyone that were eating there. She seemed so high and up herself.

The soft drinks are ridiculously overpriced. £2.79 for a glass of lemonade! The main course was vile. We tried their lamb rogon and after eating just one piece of meat I thought I was gonna puke. The spices in it were completely off and it definitely tasted disgusting. All my friends said the same and we ended up pushing the plates aside as it had completely put us off.

We then proceeded with desserts which I'd say was the best thing about the meal. That's about it. The ice cream and chocolate cake they had was really nice.

To anyone planning an outing there - don't. You will regret it as the following day a few of my friends were puking uncontrollably from the food in the buffet and I, myself, have had terrible stomach aches from the food. Will definitely not be going there, again.

3  Thank Shahin A

Reviewed 2 July 2014

First time, it was something a wee bit different so made the most of it and got stuck in, food was hot and plentiful. Staff did their job fine, made sure we had enough drinks and easy to get their attention when needed.

Second time, thought done this, as another reviewer said, lots of kids screaming and running around a few of the food stations were not being re-stocked quick enough, and the poor staff cooking the food looked hot and tired. poor things. so for me I would not go back again, but it is worth one visit to give it a try, for big family groups fine, romance def not!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

fantastic choice of food....friendly staff, and delicious cocktails. It was really busy when we were there....not surprised!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went for a Family Occasion,very friendly staff it is all buffet style food as much as you can eat, all very confusing and very noisy we went on sunday so there were a lot of children around running around the restaurant dipping there little fingers in the chocolate fountain and the salad bar not hygienic at all, food was very average if you go you need to look first around the food counters to see what you fancy as they have a range of food from all around the world.if you want something more intimate or romantic this is not the place to go, Once but not Twice for me.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This Restaurant is Food from around the World it is all you can eat Buffet from all countries as follows Chinese Indian Mexican Mediteranian Uk Italian Greek etc then there was a salad bar soups Fresh fruit cakes All Flavours of Icecream and even a Chocolate Fountain with Marshmellows and sweets We went Lunch Time the price was only £7.99 PP good Value was told evening more expensive but even mor variety will go again