“Stunning”

The Royal Oak
Ranked #57 of 264 Restaurants in Watford
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a friendly pub, with a fantastic drink selection and lovely fresh traditional food. Food offers all through the week, including 2 for 1 Steaks on tuesdays and quiz and a curry night on wednesdays! Come and see us and tell us what your think!
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Visited this pub last Sunday with the family. What a lovely place to spend an afternoon. We had the Camembert to start and then the Sunday roast. All were exquisite. Service was brilliant despite the place being full. Would highly recommend this pub to all and cannot wait to go back!

There are newer reviews for The Royal Oak

Reviewed 3 March 2014

went for birthday dinner....choice was great...companions also.....but service was slow to the point of starvation....for a busy Sunday there should have been enough employees to cope .. instead there seemed to be only the bare minimum causing problems with the bar and the restaurant. very friendly those that were there but lack spoilt the whole afternoon and also caused very cool meals served on VERY cold plates. and £5.00 for a extremely small serving of all types of sweet. they must be making a enormous profit.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

A really nice place to hang out. They had a really, really excellent Czech beer on tap (koza, I think) which I could drink all day. I ate an Aberdeen Angus burger, which I asked for medium and was provided to perfection. The quality of the meat used was very apparent. It was let down ever so slightly by the thick cut chips which had a slight taste of having been previously frozen, though not shop bought frozen. The portions sizes were spot on. The atmosphere of the place is lovely. Intimate and warm are the feelings I left with. And I can't wait to return!

2  Thank stringz23
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I'm not one to review on here, me and the missus just use it to find decent places to eat in the local area. When we had heard the Oak had come under new management and saw all the rave reviews on here we thought we should definitely give it a try. We were not disappointed!

The food was fantastic, up there with the best I've had at really good value. I had the Steak whilst my wife, the veggie, went for the mushroom dish (portabello I think?) and my son had the Steak Burger, which was enormous, he has been back since with his mates. My steak was cooked to perfection and the chips were unique to any other we've had in the area!

The pub itself has had a makeover, its warm and welcoming with an open fire and the staff are brilliant!

Highly recommend this pub, and we will be returning again in the very short future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Since the new ownership, the pub has made a u-turn, the service is good and the food is another level with lots of choice. I hope venues like this will continue to develop and improve the area.