“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout
Description: Independent Cafe serving speciality coffee, tea, freshly prepared breakfast and lunch and home made soups, salads, pasta and cakes
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was with a friend in Watford the other day, he suggested to try this place. His words were, "The best coffee he has ever had" and I have to agree with him, I had a double shot of espresso. Their coffee rivals the big guys, if you are in the area give them a visit. Ignore the ignorance of the 1 star review.

• Visited June 2014

london
“great vibe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

been here a couple of times and both times enjoyed it alot. A lovely selection of cakes and other things to munch on that look SO good! We had breakfast baps and they were delicious. The berry smoothie I had was incredible- probably the best ive ever had and I make them at home all the time- I think their secret seems to be blackberries! My friends had coffee and say its amazing- I do not drink coffee though so will take their word on it.
Love the light bulbs hanging down and you dont feel rushed at all.
Cant wait to go back and try some cake!

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good vege pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Pros:
They have good vegetarian pasta and some very large cookies.
It's always a pleasant atmosphere.

Cons:
The vegetarian choice is not that consistent as they change the menu each week.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I visit here at least a few times a week. The baristas are always friendly, helpful and make fantastic coffee. I have to mention that I was a chain coffee lover but having had a cappuccino from Ocean Bells I can't look back. Their coffee tastes exquisite with a silky texture that is a pleasure to drink.

I also take advantage of their value-for-money offers e.g. A free coffee with take-away lunch. This leads me on to the food on offer - it really is delicious. The flavour combinations are always different but work together. A personal favourite is the pesto pasta salad or the quinoa salad with feta cheese and sesame seeds.

A few of these reviews have been a bit nit-picky, the owners have recently expanded the seating area and the toilets are only a 30 second walk away.

This café is a beacon of artisan light in an otherwise corporate chain town. Highly, highly recommend!

• Visited May 2014
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
“Best coffee and cake in Watford!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

This place is absolutely perfect! Privately owned by a local couple, serving beautiful tasting coffee which comes from a British roasters (Hasbean) and the most wonderful homemade cakes! It's so great to find a place in Watford where you can get a great coffee made with love, care and knowledge.
The cakes are all homemade and you can really taste the difference, freshly baked with love and presented beautifully, I can't fault them.
The staff are so friendly it is clear that they enjoy their jobs and are passionate. They are always smiling, always chatty and helpful and bring you a water with your coffee.
I read some of the reviews before posting my own and was a little surprised at a few of the (in my opinion, nit-picking) comments, and was surprised at the few complaints about lack of high chairs and toilets. They clearly don't have the room for either of these facilities and the loos are just round the corner. I was also surprised at complaints of drink temperatures. I dont want a burnt pint of milk with a bit of coffee thrown in for good measure, which is what we have been lead to believe by high street coffee shops, is good coffee. Coffee is not suposed to be served boiling hot. Listen to the Baristas, they know coffee better than us. I myself appreciate the quirky, individual, warm friendly environment at Ocean Bells. You simply don't get what you get in this coffee shop, anywhere else in Watford. I visit whenever I am in Watford and urge anyone else who reads this to do the same!

• Visited April 2014