“Excellent independent Cafe ”
Review of Ocean Bells Coffee

Ocean Bells Coffee
Get food delivered
Ranked #3 of 55 Quick Bites in Watford
Price range: £3 - £6
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A family run business serving artisan coffee, speciality tea, freshly prepared sandwiches, and home made cakes
Reviewed 23 February 2020 via mobile

Been here a few times now and really like it. Its staff are friendly and there is an excellent selection of cakes. The coffee is very good, particularly on my most recent visit when the guest coffee was Monmouth. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2020

Reviewed 11 February 2020

We love an independent coffee shop and this ticks all the boxes. Friendly service, they'll bring the coffee to you so you don't have to stand around, quirky place inside with interesting things to look at and read and most importantly, lovely coffee and cake. We try to stop in fairly regularly when passing.

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank HeatherA730
Reviewed 16 January 2020 via mobile

Very nice independent cafe. Lots of lovely cakes, tea & coffee. Small selection of lunchtime food. I had a lovely hummus & vegetable flat bread which was very tasty. Sausage rolls looked good too. All homemade. Good WiFi. Comfortable seating. Nice to be away from the crowds.

Date of visit: January 2020
3  Thank Amelia C
Reviewed 10 December 2019 via mobile

Excellent, friendly, vegan-oriented, quiet, mostly for couples. Quiet, superb service; vegan soups are delicious.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank KCwiz
Reviewed 3 September 2019

Today I met a friend for a coffee and chat. We had a coffee each and a piece of carrot cake each. Both were good and enjoyable. However, my friend had a hair floating on the top of her coffee and I had yet another hair on the same plate as my carrot cake!! I was slightly nauseated and frankly shocked. Then I looked at both the young women serving and both had long hair - hanging down around their faces. Neither had any kind of hair covering or hair band to hold the hair away. I thought that it was obligatory for people working with and serving food to keep their hair covered or at least tied back. Then I noticed that one of the young women was washing dishes used by customers in a small, aged butler sink in the serving area. No rinsing and barely much room for soaking. I am now a little reluctant to use the cafe again as I am, from previous experience, aware of how poor hygiene in the food industry is crucial. Finally, it would at least have been a little less disappointing if the girls had managed a smile! I don't know if the cafe is under new management but I have had better experiences in there before today. :Pity.

Date of visit: September 2019