“Better than average - just!!”
Review of Banana Tree Watford - CLOSED

Banana Tree Watford
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Banana Tree Restaurants, we offer you an authentic selection of dishes and specialities from the indochina region. Fresh, award winning food from the lemongrass growing countries including Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, & Laotian as well as flavours from the peninsula of Malaysia and Singapore. Come try our fresh new flavours at one of our restaurants today!
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Offers a selection of indonesian / malay / thai dishes with good quality ingredients. If you like your food spicy however I would recommend that you make this clear when ordering, otherwise you may be disappointed. The meat content of the dishes can get lost amongst the accompanying "greenery" but are of reasonable value IF you take advantage of their various combination / lunch offers or use a Tastecard. Would visit again

3  Thank Peter69Pan

Reviewed 27 July 2014

A really terrible experience at Banana Tree -the food was really average and vastly over priced . To top the dinner -the food service took over an hour and lacked any urgency. My advice it to try local Thai restaurants and not brand names like Banana Tree.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Greeted with a smile and cheery 'Hello' entering the restaurant with friends. Menus thoroughly explained by helpful waiter...however...the way it's written out is quite confusing! Drink selection had some lovely interesting sounding cocktails...I opted for a Lychee Mojito ..so yummy I ordered a second. My Laksa Soup arrived piping hot and was thoroughly enjoyable and of a very decent portion. Friends opted for Noodle dishes and said they were right tasty! We were all able to relax and not be hassled out the restaurant like some other establishments. Great place for informal South-East Asian food and decent drinks. Would go again.

2  Thank Melliemel122
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Enjoyed a delicious meal of unique Oriental flavours on a Friday evening. We were a bit sceptical as they did not accept reservations, but were pleasantly surprised to have discovered this little gem in Watford. The Chicken Satay is superb and the best I've eaten to date and the Coriander meatballs are full of beautiful flavours! The service is warm and attentive. We are definitely going again!

2  Thank Hemant S
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I have been to banana tree a number of times with both my boyfriend, my family and my friends. All the times I have been I have had lovely food. As a vegan they are very accommodating and explain everything. The food is slightly expensive however tastes authentic. Very friendly staff who attend to your every need. Would definitely go back.

2  Thank katefreuchen