“Yammy!”

Banana Tree Watford
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Banana Tree Restaurants, we offer you an authentic selection of dishes and specialities from the indochina region. Fresh, award winning food from the lemongrass growing countries including Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, & Laotian as well as flavours from the peninsula of Malaysia and Singapore. Come try our fresh new flavours at one of our restaurants today!
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I love places where staff remember you and your taste.
I have a favourite table there and few items on the menu. I also have few allergies and I very much appreciate that it is not a trouble for the staff to exclude them from my menu (even without saying it).
Food is always fresh and fragrant. Laksa soup with prawns is absolute favourite of mine. My husband is crazy about duck in hoisin sauce, but as far as I remember whatever we tried was amazingly good.
So if you like Asian food, you would love Banana Tree in Watford.

3  Thank Dorota S

Reviewed 23 August 2014

this place has a nice menu,
good tasting food
good portions,

however - this is a big one, it's quite hard to get the attention from the wait staff, last time i was there, they looked me in the face and still walked away,

there can be no excuses, as the place was half full,

also - their vermicelli salad is low on the vermicelli side,

i would try the food though, but it's got a long way to go to be a favourite

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Visited on recommendation from one of my friends who we were meeting up with for a treat
I found the menu somewhat confusing although the waiter tried to help but just added to it!
We had cocktails to start and my mango Bellini was nice but expensive for what it was
When our main meal came it was nice looking but a bit of a mish mash with the combo served on
the plate
We did have a great catch up but the total experience was o k and nothing more, also pretty expensive in my opinion

1  Thank snowy1968
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Nice decor, friendly staff. It was very quiet, as we went at around 6pm but we were served our food within about 7 minutes. Food was lovely and surprisingly good value. Most dishes included rice or noodles and the drinks were reasonable. For 5 of us, the bill came to around £60 including drinks. Would recommend.

3  Thank 830JanM
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Recently I visited the Banana Tree resturant and very much impressed with the ambience, food quality, taste, and kind service. I highly recommend this restaurant.

5  Thank bhuk