See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

Warm clean comfortable room ,en suite spotless ,good shower lots of hot water

Lovely comfy double bed

Great WiFi excellent parking facilities bit on the pricy side of £75 without breakfast

But that's the going rate for this area I believe ...

Highly recommended

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

It's the last place that gets booked up in an area where hotel accommodation is in high demand - which is the only reason I went here as I needed a room last minute and this was all there was.

Basic compared to what else is on offer nearby, and expensive for what it is, but more than passable.

Friendly staff, comfortable bed, decent shower, quiet, clean, free parking, wifi ok. Have stayed in plenty worse. No breakfast, but options available nearby.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank alarmcon
Reviewed 19 May 2015

if you just need an emergency place to stay which was the case for me as al the surrounding hotels where fully booked.
i paid £66 for a shared bathroom.

15mins into my shower - the lady (owner) advised i need to get out the shower because its causing a leak downstairs!!
i said im mid shower... 2seconds later the water supply was CUT OFF...

never have a had to stay in such a place.

disgusting disgusting disgusting..

honestly, only go here if you cant find anything else and only reason is to stop you from sleeping on the road...would have rather slept in my car....

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank girltravel249
Reviewed 6 November 2014 via mobile

It was lovely to be met and helped out of the taxi. When we entered the restaurant we sat in a beautiful lounge and had one of the best bloody marys ever although at £25 a shot I would expect nothing less. The decor in the restaurant was a disappointment. Not as spectacular as Luton hoo or as romantic as the waterside inn in bray. It was rather drab and boring. I was surprised to have to ask for my wine to be topped up. It was only the once but at these prices I shouldn't have to ask at all. The waiting staff were very solicitous but for instance when grating a truffle onto my dish she grated some on the table. I don't expect that at these prices. The more you charge the more I expect everything to be perfect. We both had the 8 course tasting menu which was surprisingly filling.
The dishes were hit and miss though. Some were delicious whilst a couple of my veggie dishes like the pasta was too salty.
The toilets however need a clean. the one I went in had goodness knows what on the floor. I personally do not like mixed toilets for this reason. Despite there being a bin for the individual hand towels of course someone had left their's by the sink. Not the fault of the restaurant but toilets do need to be checked regularly and not a problem I have had at other high end restaurants. Interesting experience but would rather go to the stables at the grove or to Luton hoo or waterside inn. Won't be going again. Not worth the money.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2014 via mobile

The hotel is really dated and needs completely ripping out, but for £50 a night I found it convenient to get to and from the actual "Grove" hotel for a conference. They wanted about £200 for one night at the venue, hence my choice to stay elsewhere.

Don't expect anything other than a bed, even the shared bathroom only had a bath - no shower and it was just all very tired. But I didn't find it dirty so that was one good thing.

Lastly, manager was really helpful upon arrival and checkout.

So I repeat - if you just want a bed then take a chance, if you want some luxuries then go elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business