“What an amazing dinner!”

Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

I am constantly staying in hotels around the UK and particularly in Watford as it's where my head office is. I have stayed here tonight, for thefirst time as the usual haunts are full up. My room is a really good size, quiet despite being right on the ring road and is very comfy. I have just had one of the nicest steaks I've had in ages, which came as part of the biggest meal I couldn't possibly finish. Fantastic service and great cooking, where you wouldn't necessarily expect it (and I mean that in the nicest possible way). Well done!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pimjegg
Zoe C, Manager at Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Pimjegg,

Thank you for kind words.
We are glad to hear that you are really happy with your first stay at Premier Inn Watford Central.
All the team members and especially Kitchen Team are happy to know that you received a fantastic service.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We used this hotel as abase for a trip to harry Potter World.

It was convenient to Watford High Street Rail Station We had a family room, this was very spacious and in a quite area of the hotel.

After a long day at Harry Potter World we decided to eat at the hotel and the 3 of us all had steaks and they were fantastic. Cooked just right and very reasonable cost.

The only negative aspect of the hotel was we seemed to wait along time getting our food, but a reasonable bottle of wine helped here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank steviecook58

Dear steviecook58,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Premier Inn Watford Central.
We are glad that our hotel was the perfect choice for your trip to the Harry Potter Studios.
Please accept our apologies for the delay in the restaurant, and the Kitchen team is happy to know that you enjoyed the steak.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have never experienced such great service anywhere. I stayed here on the 5,6th February to visit both Central London and nearby Harry potter studios. On the morning of the 7th when I was due to visit the studio and checkout we woke to find a note had been posted explaining that our car was being removed due to flooding of the access road. We made our way to reception where we had our details taken to arranged the removal of our vehicle on a truck. We were then invited to enjoy a free breakfast while we waited. The staff were extremely apologetic despite it being no fault of their own. The organisation and customer service was exceptional during what must have been a testing time for the team. Really went above and beyond to help us all get where we needed to be. Excellent service throughout our stay. Would definitely recommend

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma S

Dear Emma S,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay in Premier Inn Watford Central.
We hope you enjoyed your visit to the Harry Potter Studios and to London.
We are happy to know that you felt looked after during your stay in our hotel.
All the team members are happy to hear your kind words.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Family group of six of us stayed for 2 nights last weekend in order to visit Harry Potter studio tour which was only 10 minutes away by car. We arrived early evening and staff were friendly , efficient and welcoming from the outset. We ate at Thyme restaurant after our journey. The range of food and the quality was excellent and the staff looked after us very well.

We woke on Saturday morning to a flood on the road outside where the river had burst it's banks. The staff gave accurate explanations and did their best to help people re-organise their plans. We were lucky to be able get out of the hotel car park in our 4X4, but other families were stuck. The hotel provided complimentary coffee and breakfast for anyone affected and organised a transporter lorry to carry vehicles up to the dry end of the road.

Unfortunately the level continued to rise , so we stayed in on saturday night and ate in thyme restaurant again- we were equally happy with the food and service. Breakfasts were also excellent- a fine range of cereals, juices, bakery goods, fruit and yogurt. Orders for cooked breakfasts were taken at the table and cooked to order.

The rooms were standard rooms, beds and pillows very comfortable, everything squeaky clean, warm and with tea and coffee making facilities. We were very happy.

The lengths staff went to to assist people was especially gratifying and I cannot praise them enough. The flood was not their fault and in addition to helping the existing clients they had to cancel bookings and arrange alternative accommodation for clients who were due to arrive. I saw staff making their way in to work when they could easily have decided they could not get through and returned home. WELL DONE EVERYBODY AND THANK YOU ALL!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mmmc

Dear mmmc,

Thank you for your lovely comments.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the river flood, but we are glad that you appreciated our effort to make your stay comfortable and safe.
Reception, Housekeeping, Restaurant and Kitchen staff are happy to hear your kind words.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Like a number of other reviews we were unfortunate enough to be staying here when the access road had flooded and became impassable. Dan (Manager) and his team worked tirelessly to ensure that all guests were looked after and remained safe in their evacuation of the cars, guests etc. Dan was receiving no help from Watford council or the fire brigade which made his efforts heroic in my opinion. With regards to our stay the room was typical PI and the breakfast was great. I sincerely hope that the Premier Inn executive team realise that they have a issue with flooding at this location and do something about it. If not I'm afraid the flooding will keep happening as it appears this building has allegedly been built on former flood plains and is on Water Lane which should have been a giveaway clue !

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lewisam

Dear Iewisam,

Thank you for your lovely comments.
Dan and the team really appreciate your kind words.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and the breakfast and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed her ein January 2014, left my hair straightners and was shocked when they not only found them, they arranged to post the starightners to be back in Manchester!!! How honest is that??? Friendly staff, efficient breakfast team great rooms looked after by a room attendant that pays attention to detail!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diva777

Dear Diva777,

Thank you for your kind words.
We are glad that you appreciated our customer service.
All the team members and especially Housekeeping team are happy to hear your comments.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

The road outside the hotel flooded badly overnight and stranded pretty much all the guests who had parked on the car park. The hotel arranged for transporters to move all guests vehicles out and laid on coffee etc. while this was done. I needed to get to Bushy to deliver a lecture so the staff put me in the cab of the transporter & laid on a taxi for me at the top of the road to get me to my venue! What can you say? If the manager could have carried me to my venue I felt that he would! Superb customer service and I cannot fault the top class attitude of ALL the staff of this PI. The incident was as well managed as it could be and I congratulate all concerned for their incredibly helpful and efficient service. I am staying here in about 2 weeks (hope the floods have gone) and feel confident that even if events conspire against me things would be worked out. Brilliant!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Paul C,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay in Premier Inn Watford Central.
We are glad that you appreciated our customer service and our attitude during the river flood.
We are happy to know that you are coming back. The water is all gone now but if it happens again we will contact all our guests to make them aware.