“Brilliant”

Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our booking was for 2pm, we arrived at 1:15 because of the train and the distant was not too far from watford junction in a cab. So we tell them we're a bit early is it ok if they can hold our luggage while we explore a bit, but by then my daughter was so tired because of the early morning wake of 6pm! - She is only 4 but she kept trying to get out of the buggy to sleep on my shoulder. I was exhausted. So the reception could see this was a struggle and they gave us a key straight away to a room that was ready!. When fully rested we went out to see a show but by the time we got back the doors were locked, it was a struggle again finding the key so the reception AGAIN could see this and let us in, remembering who we were! The nights sleep was peaceful and checkout was simple- Great time

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

First of all I would like to comment on how friendly, helpful and welcoming the staff were. They did everything they could to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. We arrived 3hrs before our check in time, but it was no trouble for them and they quickly found us a room. They helped with directions to the harry potter studios, and also the main train line to london.
Regarding the room, it was clean and pleasant. They had a fan on as it was initially quite warm but wasn't needed the rest of the weekend. Outside noise was near unnoticeable.
The only negative, and it is very small at that, was there was no phone to call reception in the room which was indicated on the welcome sheet, but this was no bother.
Overall a fantastic stay, close to the tube, and they had fantastic food options especially for vegetarians at night and for breakfast. I would definitely recommend staying there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The first time we have used a Premier Inn. If this hotel is anything to go by, we would certainly use them again. The room was very clean and on our arrival, on a hot day, the curtains were left close and a fan left on - small thing but highly appreciated. The staff were very attentive and friendly and the breakfast was freshly cooked and hot.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my friend for two nights at the beginning of the month. The check in took forever even though three staff members were at the desk, but only one was actually dealing with customers. The service was friendly when we did eventually get served and found this level of friendliness throughout our stay.

However, it was a very hot weekend when we went and at times our room was unbearable. The bathroom is just as you walk in so obviously there are no windows and so after a shower is was actually impossible to go in there due to the heat. In our room there was a little fan, which had to be unplugged constantly as there was no plugs available in the room. I can't understand why there is no air conditioning in the hotel as the reception air was the worst part by far. Due to the glass windows, the whole reception area was clammy and humid. The poor staff that had to sit there all day in this must of been so fed up. For the upstairs area there was one fan, and none downstairs at all. We dreaded walking the short distance every time.

The major upside was the size and confines of the bed. It really was gorgeous. However it was made difficult to sleep because of the heat.

It's around a 15 minute walk from the hotel to the centre where there are loads of shops and pubs etc so it was convenient placed. A huge Tesco is a 2 minute walk from the hotel also.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking & review details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The staff were very helpful and the food at the Thyme restaurant was great value as well as great food.

The only negative point is for a wheelchair user, you may find the bed too low. Other than that it was comfortable and we did have a good nights sleep as the guarantee promised.

Close to the Harry Potter experience and London , it is also a reasonable location for a trip to Windsor castle or Legoland if you wanted one base for a full week of activity.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here regularly for work nearby, just exactly what you expect for a premiere inn. Never had a bad stay, the restaurant serves pretty decent food (do the meal deal if you can) and breakfast isn't too shabby either.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I'm not a regular business traveler but when away from home, like most people, I like to be comfortable. I chose this hotel for its proximity to London, the fact my budget was limited and didn't justify paying top rates in the City where the course I was on took place. Oh, and free parking at the hotel.
I used the London Overground train service from Watford High Street to Euston and then the Tube to Mansion House. Travel time each way was about 1 hr 25 mins.
The room was clean with modern decor, the bathroom also clean with a powerful shower - some attention needed to tile grout and slightly worn flooring but otherwise ok. The bed was especially comfortable and no, I'm not saying this based on what Lenny Henry says in the TV ad!
What I did find irritating was the background noise of the ventilation system. I appreciate it's necessary but found I could hear 3 different tones. Closing the bathroom door certainly helps reduce the noise but if a technique called Active Noise Cancelling was used, there wouldn't be any. I've suggested this to Premier Inn when completing their customer survey so I hope they will take note.
The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
Overall I'm pleased with my choice and will use Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business