“Fantastic”

Premier Inn Watford (Croxley Green) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for Valentines night as we were meeting family as a surprise the next day. I paid just £29 for the room so was not expecting anything great. I am pleased to say I was proved wrong. The staff were very helpful and friendly, on arriving in our disabled room we had a small problem with the tv which was put right straight away. The room was well equipped, bathroom a little dated but had everything you needed. Restaurant staff were very friendly. Food was great value for money. The only downside I would say was the price of the breakfast. Overall a very pleasant stay and a real bargain. Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Natalia P, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Watford (Croxley Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of your room up to the standards that Premier Inn aim for. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to see that our hard work is paying off and you get the service you deserve!

The PremierInn Croxley Green Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Will definitely stay there again, the room was clean and just perfect, the staff was nice and always willing to help, checking in was easy and quick, the food was really satisfying. There was road noise but that's normal considering the hotel is located next to the main road. I highly recommend it and i myself will stay there again soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed here with my husband while on a business trip to Watford. Check in was easy, the room was clean and comfortable but the noise from the road outside was very distracting. At one point in the night it sounded like they were filming the next "Fast & Furious" film outside! Once I got to sleep I did have a good nights sleep but I was woken early by the sound of traffic which then kept me awake.
If extra sound proofing was installed this would be a great hotel for those needing to stay in Watford. The on site restaurant was very convenient but I felt it was a bit over priced for what was essentially basic pub grub.
Overall I would recommend this hotel but beware of the road noise!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We have passed over your comments about the road noise to our head office.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I suppose all reviews are subjective, and while the hotel here is standard Premier Inn, it was a night of minor calamities for me. I was transferred here from Watford Central P.Inn as it was flooded and was annoyed that my booking for breakfast was not transferred. I showed proof to reception that I had booked breakfast as it showed on my confirmation email, and she said she would sort it out, so when I got to breakfast and I was not on the list I had to explain all over again. Shouldn't be necessary. My room stank of old cigarette smoke (room 119) , the bathroom being the worst as if someone had sneaked a 'crafty smoke' in there. I hoped that my clothing didn't pick up the smell. The bathroom needs a make-over as the wooden fittings are just a bit tired, especially closer to the floor. The TV is awkwardly placed on the table and it's mountings are slightly loose. Mounting it on the wall would free up lots of desk space. The road was very busy and very audible from my 1st story window . I accept that Prem Inn has done what they can to muffle it, but it did keep me awake a bit, as did the herd of buffalo in the room upstairs - were they doing the gangnam up there? Not the hotel's fault I know but I did say reviews are subjective. Then the classy guests who showed up around midnight talking very loudly all down the passage and then stopping outside my door to talk more woke me again. I heard every one of them slam their doors and then I had to hear toilets flushing and baths being run in a mad concerto. And to top it all the service in the restaurant downstairs (which I will review separately) kind of added to the snowballing of a quite unpleasant stay. The breakfast was nice and efficient though. Most of this probably can't be helped by the staff, but it's an honest review of my experience.

Room Tip: Don't go for 1st floor around 110 to around 130 as they are on a road that never sleeps, and nor...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paddywolf
Natalia P, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Watford (Croxley Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a relaxed stay in a comfortable environment and I apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Happy with the service both myself and mother received at the Watford Croxley Green location. The best thing about our stay at this hotel was the comfy beds, cleanliness throughout the entire hotel and the amazing hearty breakfasts.
For me, the only negative was that there was no phone provided in the rooms so was unable to contact other family members also staying at the hotel and had to use my mobile (which will incur extra charges) when I had to call the reception area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that you enjoyed your stay; that you found the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of your room up to the standards that Premier Inn aim for. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to see that our hard work is paying off and you get the service you deserve!

Regarding the negative issues that you have indicated in your review, we have passed your comments over to the head office and we will update you as the matter progresses.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Friendly staff, good comfortable rooms, very clean and quiet. Good place to access Harry Potter studies and tube into London with good access from M1. Within 1/2 hour walking distance of town centre. Recommended

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Great room, very spacious, well kitted out and very clean. However it was very annoying to have to pay for Wifi after the free allocation and the sign on process was a pain, but i will be staying again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Regarding the issues you have addressed about the wifi, we would like to inform you that Premier Inn is on the verge of signing a contract with a new internet provider and under the new conditions of the contract, we would be able to offer free wifi access to our guests. Changes are expected to take place at the beggining of next calendar year.