“Great place”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Great place”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight after spending the afternoon at the Harry Potter studios. Room was spaceous & great value for money. Staff were very helpful & friendly. Morrisons is just around the corner&in walking distance for those essentials which you have left at home. Tube stop is also close by. Food was quite reasonably priced....apart frm full breakfast which did seem xpensive but very tasty all the same. Will definately stay again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Natalia P, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Watford (Croxley Green) Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of your room up to the standards that Premier Inn aims for. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to see that our hard work is paying off and you get the service you deserve!

The PremierInn Croxley Green Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times when visiting London, and the past couple of times the level of service and standards in general have dropped. Very noisy other guests in a Saturday night, not respecting the quiet time idea. Other than that, very quiet (we were on the top floor). Also, only 1 lift worked for the first two days of our stay...and then neither of them were working on last night/day. Made it hard work getting our luggage to the car! Towels replaced every day even though we didn't leave them in the bath - not very eco friendly. The room was spotless though, and the hotel served its purpose for us.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a relaxed stay in a comfortable environment and I apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this as we had a problem with the lifts. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very easy to find just off the M25. Near to underground station (5min taxi ride) so easy access to London. Free safe parking outside hotel. Friendly staff and wonderful breakfast options. Modern and clean, good value for money. We had a room facing the back/rear of he hotel so no problem with road noise at all.

Room Tip: Family room gave us a sofa as well which turned into x2 single beds. Rooms on the back were quiet a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Herne62
Natalia P, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Watford (Croxley Green) Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of your room up to the standards that Premier Inn aim for. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to see that our hard work is paying off and you get the service you deserve!

We have passed over your comments about the breakfast prices to the restaurant general manager and would like to assure you that they will be considered carefully.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for Valentines night as we were meeting family as a surprise the next day. I paid just £29 for the room so was not expecting anything great. I am pleased to say I was proved wrong. The staff were very helpful and friendly, on arriving in our disabled room we had a small problem with the tv which was put right straight away. The room was well equipped, bathroom a little dated but had everything you needed. Restaurant staff were very friendly. Food was great value for money. The only downside I would say was the price of the breakfast. Overall a very pleasant stay and a real bargain. Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Will definitely stay there again, the room was clean and just perfect, the staff was nice and always willing to help, checking in was easy and quick, the food was really satisfying. There was road noise but that's normal considering the hotel is located next to the main road. I highly recommend it and i myself will stay there again soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband while on a business trip to Watford. Check in was easy, the room was clean and comfortable but the noise from the road outside was very distracting. At one point in the night it sounded like they were filming the next "Fast & Furious" film outside! Once I got to sleep I did have a good nights sleep but I was woken early by the sound of traffic which then kept me awake.
If extra sound proofing was installed this would be a great hotel for those needing to stay in Watford. The on site restaurant was very convenient but I felt it was a bit over priced for what was essentially basic pub grub.
Overall I would recommend this hotel but beware of the road noise!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We have passed over your comments about the road noise to our head office.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I suppose all reviews are subjective, and while the hotel here is standard Premier Inn, it was a night of minor calamities for me. I was transferred here from Watford Central P.Inn as it was flooded and was annoyed that my booking for breakfast was not transferred. I showed proof to reception that I had booked breakfast as it showed on my confirmation email, and she said she would sort it out, so when I got to breakfast and I was not on the list I had to explain all over again. Shouldn't be necessary. My room stank of old cigarette smoke (room 119) , the bathroom being the worst as if someone had sneaked a 'crafty smoke' in there. I hoped that my clothing didn't pick up the smell. The bathroom needs a make-over as the wooden fittings are just a bit tired, especially closer to the floor. The TV is awkwardly placed on the table and it's mountings are slightly loose. Mounting it on the wall would free up lots of desk space. The road was very busy and very audible from my 1st story window . I accept that Prem Inn has done what they can to muffle it, but it did keep me awake a bit, as did the herd of buffalo in the room upstairs - were they doing the gangnam up there? Not the hotel's fault I know but I did say reviews are subjective. Then the classy guests who showed up around midnight talking very loudly all down the passage and then stopping outside my door to talk more woke me again. I heard every one of them slam their doors and then I had to hear toilets flushing and baths being run in a mad concerto. And to top it all the service in the restaurant downstairs (which I will review separately) kind of added to the snowballing of a quite unpleasant stay. The breakfast was nice and efficient though. Most of this probably can't be helped by the staff, but it's an honest review of my experience.

Room Tip: Don't go for 1st floor around 110 to around 130 as they are on a road that never sleeps, and nor...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paddywolf
Natalia P, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Watford (Croxley Green) Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a relaxed stay in a comfortable environment and I apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.