“Great value as well as good quality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Watford Central

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Travelodge Watford Central
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great value as well as good quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is the perfect option for anyone who needs a base but also wants a good quality simple and clean room and a great breakfast. I would recommend it for any families visiting London or Harry Potter world.

1 Thank Paula M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We all know travelodge is budget and Im glad we got this room on an offer. We only chose it because we knew we would be arriving late an leaving early and a bed and a shower was pretty much all we needed. And that is pretty mcuh all we got. Previous occupants had been smokers and it smelt. The windows didnt shut or lock properly and let in a lot of noise plus it appeared this hotel was party central. Couldnt wait to leave the next day.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Watford Central, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for your review MmeWorthington. We are sorry to learn of the dissatisfaction during your recent stay. Our hotels are strictly non-smoking and we would expect our cleaning staff to notice any smells before your arrival. We also expect all the facilities to be in good working order in the hotel We are really sorry to learn you found the hotel to be noisy. Unfortunately due to the central location of the hotel, we cannot always prevent external noise. In an attempt to reduce the noise outside we do provide double glazing and insulated windows. Our staff will also ask our customers to be courteous to other guests. We will ensure to pass your feedback on to our Hotel Management team so that they can make the required improvements.
Troon, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night whilst on a visit to Warner Bros. Studio. This is by far the best Travelodge I've been in for a while and I use them a lot. It was clean and bright, in an excellent area for shops and eating places, but wasn't affected by much outside noise. The room and en-suite were clean and well-maintained. The staff were the best part of our stay. So helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

There was no water due to boiler problems on our last day. Another guest told us what the problem was.
I totally understand that these things happen but the staff did not acknowledge the problem at all. When we checked out the girl did not ask how our stay was and I suspect that was because she was trying to avoid hassle over the lack of water!
Otherwise, everything you would expect from a Travelodge, clean, cheap and reasonably comfortable (new beds are a bit hard!) but budget hotel should not mean budget manners! A simple "sorry for the inconvenience" would have sufficed!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Watford Central, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Elizabeth P. Whilst we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found are rooms to be clean and of good value it is regrettable to learn you had no hot water for the last night of your stay. We expect all of our staff to provide high levels of customer care to all of our guests and deal with these situations when they arise. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution so please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed here recently for a few nights with my dog. I chose it for the proximity to London, but without London prices, as it was about 10 minutes walk from Watford Junction station. I'm sure I could have got a taxi or bus but with a dog a walk was a necessity!

Throughout my stay I found the front of house staff to be, without exception, extremely friendly and efficient. On one evening the young man on the desk offered to bring my food order up to my room when it was ready to save me having to wait in the reception as dogs are not allowed in the cafe-bar area. This is, unnderstandably, virtually unheard of in Travelodges!

The room itself was typical of the Travelodge brand. Fairly basic but with tv and tea/coffee making facilities. There was a bit of traffic noise at rush hour but closing the window practically eliminated it.

Tip 1: if you want to have a takeaway from the numerous nearby restaurants then the Travelodge staff will give you a plate/bowl and cutlery.

Tip 2: if you are in a room above the bar area you may be able to access the free WiFi! I was on the 3rd floor and it was quite a good signal.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kaspoodle
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel it was a very nice and clean hotel. It is within walking distance of local shops and restaurants. Unfortunately you have to pay approximately £19 for parking overnight.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have been staying with different travelodges , but I just wanted to mention about my recent stay in Watford central travelodge ..I been served at reception by young lady called Ms Hodan , if I remember and she was just poilte and very pleasant. she took her time to explain us evrything about the market and the local places to visit there. Also, she asked us about the food in the bar cafe if we would like to have something very nicely..she took care of us and she been helpful throughout our stay and greeted us evrytime with smile. All the staff members were very polite and rooms were warm and fresh and very comfortable and clean as usual. I really enjoyed my stay and i will be back with my family next time very soon. thankxx.

Room Tip: Always inform the hotel in advance that you want quieter room if possible