“A lot better now it has been refurbished”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Watford Central
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This hotel has recently been updated with the Travelodge fresh new look and it has done wonders.

The town centre location means that you have full access to all the features of town. The reception is guarded with security at weekends to ensure that no riff-raff from town wander in and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

The only downside is that the rooms do get quite warm, probably due to the way in which the building has been constructed...no air con available and the windows are restricted (for obvious reasons)

However if you want a good priced stay in the centre of town, I seriously recommend it.

Room Tip: Try and get a corner room, there is so much more space!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed here a few weeks back whilst attending a scientific conference. The service, food, location and room were fantastic.
Staff are extremely friendly, polite and helpful. The cleanliness and overall impression of the hotel is perfect. Great bar as well
Great value for money and I will most definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 23 December 2013

stayed there for 3 nights with my girlfriend (it was wild), and would stay there again in future. the price was very reasonable and I got discount for booking in advance and multiple nights. I would definitely recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed here for one night with a group of friends as I was celebrating my birthday. Booking the hotel and checking in was really easy and quick. The staff were polite and professional throughout my stay. The room itself was clean and provided everything we needed for our stay. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stayed for one night prior to visiting the Harry Potter studio tour. We got a good deal on the room and thought it was excellent value for money.
We had read some reviews that people thought there was a lot of noise from outside, but we didn't hear any noise from inside or outside the hotel, and we both slept well. The hotel was clean, and the staff helpful and friendly. Good location for the centre of Watford and the Harry Potter studios were only a ten minute drive away. We used the Star Carpark on Clarendon road as it was only £4.50 for 24 hours - and only a 5 minute walk from the hotel. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Went there for a xmas party with frieds. The location is best to access town center to all the clubs and food outlets. Receptionist guided us through all the things we should know. He managed to give us rooms next to each other which was very nice of him. Lady in bar was very helpful. Kept smiling all the time. Very friendly environment. The beds r brilliant. Comfy and big. Shower was great.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here on Friday and Saturday night the 13 and 14 December. I found the check in very easy as I arrived late in the evening. Very friendly night staff and I had a drink in the bar area with my brother. The room was clean, warm and welcoming. I got a great nights sleep. Came back that evening and the room was cleaned without moving my belongings. I will stay again as I have done on a few occasions.

Room Tip: The forth floor seems to be the best floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family