“Fine for a night - delicious breaky”
Review of Frithwood House

Frithwood House
and 1 more site!
Frithwood House
Ranked #3 of 6 Watford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed at Frithwood House for one night, as we were going to a family party at Northwood Golf Club. Our double room was small with a very small shower room, but all very clean. It was fine for our one night stay. Breakfast was delicious, with a choice of cereals and then a full english. My only negative - we thought the price was too high at £77 per night. It's a very basic B&B and is fine for a very short stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eberni

Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Only stayed here as our normal guest house was full. The location is in a good, quiet area. That is the only plus point. On arrival we were given room 12 which is family room . Large and quiet. ( The same key opened the room and hotel front and rear door- so presumably anyone with a door key could open that room . ) But we were asked to move into another room the next day . Room 1 . This was very small and full if formica. There was no smoke alarm in the room , nor any notice of what to do in emergency on rear of room door. We went to breakfast , and all tables were full so had to wait for someone to leave. But breakfast was nice. This place needs decorating and upgrading.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I booked this guest house back in Feb/March after struggling to find somewhere to stay near Wembley Stadium for the Robbie Williams concert on 2nd July for myself and my daughters. This place was absolutely ideal. It is what it is. If you are needing a comfy bed, an en-suite shower room - which may or may not be the size of a cupboard, (ours was room 6 as previously mentioned on here - we managed OK!), a great breakfast, friendly service and a short walk away from a tube station, then this is your place.
It's in a nice, quiet area and for us, a ten minute walk from the tube station, ideal.
I would stay here again if I was planning to go to Wembley, yes it's a little 'tired' in places but we just wanted somewhere to stay for one night to go to a concert then head home the following day. Not far from the M25, good road links and ideal for public transport into London.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chesster70
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed here when attending the FA Cup final at Wembley. It is well located and easy to find from the tube station, and only a steady 10 minute walk. It is only a 10 minute tube ride to Wembley Park tube station. The area is really nice and quiet. The hotel itself on first appearance is a little disappointing. We were greeted by the very friendly staff and were happy to allow us to leave our stuff in the room an hour before the scheduled check in time. We had actually booked a family room for 3 of us ( 2 adults and a 15yr old lad), however when we arrived we were told we had actually been given two rooms at no extra charge, which suited us better. The rooms themselves were adequate. Beds were comfy and rooms were clean. Decor could do with improving and a lick of paint wouldn't go amiss. Breakfast was nice although could have been a bit warmer. The main problem was the size of the dining room. It could only cater for about 10 guests at a time, and when you consider there are 12 rooms there were guests turning up for breakfast who had to wait. Get there early is my advice. We paid £89 for B&B for 3, so at that price it is hard to argue that it wasn't value for money. We also had a really good evening meal at Ask Italian in Northwood itself. Overall would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank simon0161
Reviewed 26 March 2013

The rooms may be a little bit spartan, but the place is comfortable and clean. I spent there a whole month while working at the Northwood base and I had a good experience. The Full English Breakfast is quite good and the indian guy managing the place is always making life easier. I would go back if I ever need to work there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Schepke
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I would like to bring to your attention the appalling condition of the Frithwood Guest House that the AA rate as 3 AAA rating

We arrived at the accommodation with no answer at the door, there was a note on the door that looked like it had been there for a long time saying "please ring the number below"
On entering the house the reception from the staff was less than welcoming,it looked dirty and uninviting.

The member of staff gave us the key to room 6 and pointed us in the direction of the room, on entering the room it was so small you need to step round table to get in the room, the shower room was literally a cupboard. The room was cold I touched the radiator and it was cold and could not adjust, I wondered round the house looking and calling out for a member of staff to turn the heating on, eventually a gentleman appeared and offered me a small hot air blower but seem to know it didn't work and didn't really care. I informed him I expected a room with heating so he gave me another key and said have room number 1. It was -2 outside mid Jan

On entering the room it was warm, the wardrobe when opened fell apart the draws we're broken and had screws sticking out it was completely unusable. The shower room was bigger than the last one the floor was dirty the sink had the last occupants toothpaste all down the wall, there were only two towels.

This room cost £65.00 per night which appears to be completely overpriced

I would never return to this Guest House and would recommend if you have booked cancel and find somewhere else.

We decided to get changed in the room and traveled home rather than sleep there.

Room Tip: Don't stay there is my best advice
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Graham C
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The Frithwood House was a lovely place to stay - but be aware that this is not the Ritz. If you are looking for a 3-star+ hotel, this is not the place to stay.

We were visiting the Northwood base and this location was perfect - walking distance.

The rooms were a bit spartan - but had all the essentials (clean bed and clean bathroom). The room door was rather thin and it was easy to hear the movement in the hallways. Additionally, the entire hotel shows signs of being a little "tired" and run-down (paint, carpet, etc).

Internet was fast and free.

Parking was available (free) on site.

The Englsih breakfast was fantastic! I loved it.

Would I stay here again ... probably not. Despite the close location to work and the great breakfast, there are far too many other places to stay and try out.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business