“TERRIBLE TAKEAWAY 0 STARS”
Review of Smoky Boys

Smoky Boys
Ranked #70 of 293 Restaurants in Watford
Reviewed 28 October 2018

Our first time ordering from Smoky Boys Watford and our last. The food took 1 hour from their delivery service. I ordered a burger on a brioche bun... the food was damp inside and looked as if it had been vacuum sealed. The lettuce was warm and brown/green and the burger had a few pink bits in it even though it was supposed to be cooked medium well. The fries were soggy and damp in a paper bag. It was gross.
My daughter ordered a crispy chicken burger which was rock hard and the brioche bun was shrunken and lettuce warm and brown/green. My husband's ribs and chicken were barely warm and the coleslaw was so warm with so much mayo in it that it was unedible. His fries were soggy and cold.
We paid £46.00 plus a tip for the delivery guy.
I called the manager who was sympathetic at first until I asked for a refund then he told me to GET THE FOOD AND PACKAGING OUT OF MY BIN and give it to the delivery guy and then the guy would give me a refund. I told him that after what we had just experienced it was incredibly insulting to tell me to do this and I refused. Who goes into their bin and does this?!! I just ended the call it was appalling just like the service and the food.
They should not offer a delivery service by the time it gets to the person's house... we are 10/15 mins away it has been reduced to an unedible mess. I told the manager that he should order food to his house so he can see what it looks and tastes like but of course this is probably too much common sense for him.
Never again. See other reviewers who also have experienced the same thing.

1  Thank CaliLondonFoodie

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a cheat meal that’s actually worth the calories then come here. Good filling food you won’t be blown away but you will be very happy very full and shocked at how reasonable the prices are!

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Good food but seating a bit tight. Prices are reasonable. Parking spaces are plentiful in a paid carpark across the road

Reviewed 24 September 2018

I had been wanting to try this restaurant for ages and was I little disappointed. For what I paid the burgers are very small and not as tasty as I hoped. Skin on fires didn't have hardly any skin!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Only came here due to lots of good food places being closed due to Eid. Expensive for tiny burgers and not true to their menu. Menu states '2 for 1 cocktails, must be the same cocktail' (Sunday-Thursday, we visited today which is a Wednesday). We wanted to order the fresh fruit cocktails which are not alcoholic and then were told only the alcoholic cocktails were 2 for 1. They didn't specify that 2 for 1 was for alcoholic cocktails only. Being Muslim, this wasn't ideal and the manager wasn't helpful. What a palava. My sister ordered a can of Fanta but got only half the can in a glass which was full of ice. When the can was queried, the guy behing the bar said they couldn't give cans. The other half of the can was behind the till (we saw at the end when paying) We paid £2.50 for half a can of Fanta. Go elsewhere and have a better meal, a better time and better experience for cheaper!

Date of visit: August 2018