“FANTASTIC SERVICE AND ATMOSPHERE - BEST INDIAN RESTAURANT IN WATFORD” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Monsoon

The Monsoon
Ranked #63 of 255 Restaurants in Watford
Price range: US$0 - US$19
Good for: Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Watford, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC SERVICE AND ATMOSPHERE - BEST INDIAN RESTAURANT IN WATFORD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

We first went to this restaurant on New Years Eve where we were made to feel very welcome and had a wonderful evening. Since then this has been our regular indian restaurant. Every time we go to Monsoon we are made to feel special by the staff. The manager and his staff are very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. The food is outstanding and delicious with a wonderful choice. The service is excellent and the restaurant has a lovely ambience. The house wine is excellent quality and is a very reasonable price.

This is by far the best indian restaurants in Watford and has won our custom and loyalty. A real gem. Thank you.

• Visited June 2011

Bushey, United Kingdom
“Worst around here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

I would give negative if i could. This place is so bad!!! Food is ok, ambience is dated but the worst of it all is the staff attitude! I dont know of another place where the staff argue with customers and threaten to throw them out if you ask if they can customise a dish!!! AVOID and dont even recomment this place to an enemy. You might be able to get away without a problem. But if you dont, this place will leave bad taste in your mouth for a long time

4 Thank Parijat S
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
“The food is cooked with love and served with passion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

We moved to Rickmansworth nearly 6 years ago from London where the choice of Indian restaurants is plentiful. We must have tried nearly every restaurant within the Watford and Rickmansworth area only to feel disappointed time and time again. Then a couple of years ago I was driving back home through North Watford and passed the Monsoon restaurant, I suggested to my husband that we give it a try and we haven’t looked for another Indian restaurant since. Syed is passionate about the food he serves and he consistently exceeds his client’s expectations. The Monsoon Indian restaurant is by far the tastiest for miles, they deliver too which is always good especially when the kids are in bed, however, saying that they too equally love Syed’s food and we frequently take them with us for an early evening meal. A restaurant for all occasions, friendly staff and amazingly clean toilets and if you like your food spicy then let them know and you won’t be disappointed!

• Visited April 2011
London, United Kingdom
“A cut above your average Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

I have visited the Monsoon on many occasions. I find the food slightly different from your average Indian Restaurant, it's more delicate and really fresh. My favourite dish is the Lamb with Pomegranate & Pinot Grigio -delicious! The staff are friendly and relaxed and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2011
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“I came across this restaurant by chance...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

I came across this restaurant by chance as it was the first I found walking from my hotel. Nicely decorated in a modern style and no flock wallpaper in sight.

My request for just tap water was supplied in a pint glass with ice my order was taken then a complimentary popadom and pickles arrives

My request for just tap water was supplied in a pint glass with ice my order was taken then a complimentary popadom and pickles arrived.

My sheek kebab starter was served on a sizzling plate and was two 6 inch fingers of lamb mince laced with fresh coriander and spices and it was quite hot. No side salad but the kebab was very nice indeed.

I has lamb rogan Josh with rice and a paratha for main course. The  rogan was quite a light sauce with unusually what seemed to be finely chopped tomatoes through the sauce rather than large chunks. An above average rogan Josh. Rice was fluffy but although the paratha was flaky it was a little heavy. Overall above average and worth a visit.