“Comfortable hotel in central location”

Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
Penrith, United Kingdom
“Comfortable hotel in central location”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Located next to Walsall FC's stadium and directly across the road from the railway, don't be put off by driving through an Industrial Estate to reach the hotel. It's clean, relatively new (and already undergoing renovation), the beds are comfortable - but about 1 foot off the ground so older people may have trouble getting out of bed / standing up. The bathrooms are a "wet room" style with the now ubiquitous soap dispenser by the sink and in the shower. Breakfast was buffet style with a good selection of hot and cold. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient and I didn't see any vandalised cars in the car park - but it may have been the thieves night off. Situated close to the elevated portion of the M6 motorway there was not that much noise but, obviously, an open window was out of the question. All in all, a good nights sleep at a hotel where I spent £65 for B & B - which puts it nicely between Travelodge and Premier Inn prices.

Room Tip: It might be best to get a room on the car park side of the hotel - but that's also where the air...
1 Thank Steve C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The staff at the hotel are very friendly, professional and accomodating. Nothing is too much trouble! Sadly they're let down by reprobates and the local Police. My car was broken into two nights in a row. On the first night, the incident was unnoticed. The second night, I was woken by the hotel staff at 0540 to advise me that my car had been broken into.

I do feel for the staff, it's not within their remit to patrol the car park, but the Radisson/Park Inn group can do a lot more to prevent further occurences. The lighing in the car park is dreadful for a start, the car park is totally open, no barriers/fencing and the CCTV is pretty much non existent too (with exception of a camera that looks at a parcel collection box).

So if you're going to visit, make sure you park elsewhere (perhaps the railway car park opposite) or leave your car behind!

2 Thank gingershane

Travellers are raving about these Walsall hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Was woken at 2:30AM to find out my car was broken into. Hotel is located in a poor area, and according to staff this is a regular occurrence. All in all the thieves came back 3 times that night and broke into almost every car in the car-park. My satnav was stolen (now if I left it on display I would have felt partially responsible, but these thieves were just breaking windows and ransacking cars on the off-chance there was anything of value), and the hotel accepts no responsibility for this even though the lighting in the car-park is very poor and security cameras are non existent. I was mostly disappointed to find out that the previous night the same thing happened, and the staff failed to make any of the guests aware of the issue. I guess the cost of guests checking out is more important than the guests valuables. I have stayed in this hotel before and only do so because of its proximity to my clients. And to be honest the food is terrible, but never again. And if you have any sense you wont too. I only wish I had taken photos of the event to post with this review.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
1 Thank Jerry K
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Didn't know what to expect when I drove through the industrial estate to reach the Hotel and as I passed the Walsall FC stadium and saw the hotel right next to it my heart sank.

BUT
My first impressions couldn't have been more wrong, I was greeted by a pleasant & helpful member if staff (I think her name was Kate) and my room was clean & spacious.

Another member of staff 'Tom' was really helpful and friendly.

A good quality wet-room, comfortable beds, high speed wifi (better than mine at home!). A large flat screen TV (with a usb input that came in useful for charging my phone as I forgot my plug ).

Breakfast was more than adequate and parking was good.

Only possible 'gripe' - the heating system can take a while to cut in.

Would definitely recommend & return again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Belvedere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed here as part of a weekend away. The service on arrival was good and efficient. The room was chilly on arrival and we did find the heater controls rather difficult to use. The room was very nice, well set out. the room could've done with a bit more lighting, but that's getting nit picky.
The bar was very busy and noisy and there was a need for a place where people could sit and enjoy a quiet drink. Very nice staff on bar though, great service.
I had a great night's sleep, nice cumfy bed (fell asleep and left heater on full blast, so woke up a bit cooked).
Breakfast was OK, but I hate scrambled eggs and was disappointed at the lack of variety compared to other similar hotels eg premier inns.
ALL in all a nice stay with no real minuses and quite a few pluses.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karl n
Kelix30, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Karl N,

Thank you for your very positive review, I'm extremely glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff all very friendly and efficient. We offer a range of different eggs at breakfast upon request which I apologise if you had not been made aware of this, scrambled is our brand standard requirement upon the buffet. I do hope that the good impression that we have made will find you considering us again in the future for a return visit.

Liversedge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I friend and I booked this short weekend trip with one night at this hotel. The trip was cheap and expectations were not high. Unfortunately even these expectations were not met. The room was OK. Not the best but adequate for one night. Lots of hot water but we were in 'single rooms' placed either side of what we assumed was the service cupbard as all through the night you could hear the gurgling of water, clanking and generally disturbing noise. The evening meal (typed sheet headed 'Coach Menu') was awful. We opted for the pork. The veg had been frozen with the tell tale sign of crimped sliced carrots that just do not cook properly, the seasoning/stuffing, slimey, sticky lacking in taste and texture with a semi frozen slice of cheap poor quality 'bought in' cheesecake.

Whilst I appreciate this food was to cater for a low budget, with a little more thought, innovation and homecooked touches this food could have been vastly improved upon.

Whilst on this occasion my trip was a cheap coach trip I'm afraid the Raddison will never again been utilised by me when travelling to cities/airports.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JohnandWendy39
Dear JohnandWendy39

Thank you for your constructive review, I'm very Sorry to hear that you found your stay with us disappointing your comments have been passed to the relevant departments for investigation and improvement. You will see from recent reviews our food is usually of a very good standard and do hope that you may visit us again in the future.

Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I've recently visited the Park Inn at Walsall for business meetings and a catch up with friends. The newly refurbished restaurant and lobby area is really cosy, I've always found the service and the staff to be excellent. The hotel is in an ideal location for meetings, just off Jcn 9 of the M6 and has ample parking.

The thing I was most pleasantly surprised with was the menu. There are some lovely dishes and the hotel uses local and seasonal produce and features different dishes and offers every day. I didn't expect this from a chain hotel and I think for the food alone it's well worth a visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Carol G
Kelix30, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Carol G,

Thank you for your 5 star review we are very pleased to hear that you find our hotel to be of excellent service and comfortable for your business meetings and look forward to greeting you again soon.

Kelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walsall
Holiday Inn Express Walsall
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10
Best Western Birmingham Walsall Barons Court Hotel
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall? Share your experiences!