Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall
US$127
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall(Walsall)(Great Value!)
US$66
Holiday Inn Express Walsall(Walsall)(Great Value!)
US$67
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewscadbury worldfootball clubevening mealnational holidayswalk in showercoach triptrain stationfootball matchself serviceroom was clean and comfortablebusiness hotelgood sizevery pleasant stayfull englishcouple of nightsone night staywould stay again
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Nice room, clean, modern with walk in shower. Decent sized desk to work from. Food was OK, limited evening menu. Next to Walsall FCC, so would be busy on a match night.Easy to find and it is a good location if you need a stop-over before working in Birmingham.I expensed it but reckon it is worth £60 / night.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Rob N, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear stevesharpe86

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay here at Park Inn Birmingham Walsall.

I am glad to read that we were able to fulfil your requirements with regards to the room and its facilities.

On the note of the evening menu, we are in the process of writing a new menu with a launch hopefully early September. I do hope that should you by chance return to the hotel you will be able to note a difference in comparison to the current offering.

I will surely feed your comments back to my team constructively and I do hope that we get the opportunity t welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights, as it was the most convenient location for something we wanted to do.

This is a great hotel, with some fantastic staff. We received a very warm welcome from both Tom & Sandy, a swift check-in & were in our rooms after just a few moments,

The rooms were of a decent size, & spotless in all areas. Bathrooms were excellent, with a wet-room area, partitioned off from the toilet & basin. For anyone with any mobility impairment (I have some), you will not be disappointed. A flat screen tv is in each room, along with a phone & more than adequate air conditioning. Beds are very comfortable & afford a good night sleep. Rooms are set over three floors, with two lifts reaching all of them.

There is a restaurant, open between Monday & Thursday each week, which offers an a-la-carte menu. On a Friday, Saturday & Sunday, a bar menu is offered, serving simple fare, but more than adequate for the hotel.

Free on-site car parking, along with complimentary wifi internet, round off the ticks on the list.

Breakfast is a buffet affair, offering hot & cold food, juices, tea & coffee. Poached & fried eggs, mushrooms, & porridge can all be requested from staff, if you prefer.

The number of positive reviews so far is very encouraging, although some of the reviews leave me a little bit puzzled.

The hotel is located alongside the M6 motorway & to all intents and purposes forms part of a large industrial area. These points are mentioned on the website. Therefore, to see a review saying that the hotel was noisy from excessive road vehicle noise makes me wonder if that person had realised where the hotel is located.

My tick list was fully completed, as what I want from a hotel is a clean room, comfy bed, restaurant serving food, internet access (free would be better) as well as on-site car parking. Staff should be friendly & approachable.

The Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall did all this & more.

If you want views of the rolling landscape, this property is not for you. But, if you know where it is, you wouldn't be wanting this anyway.

Should you not want to drive to the hotel, then Bescott Railway Station is opposite the hotel & just a few steps away.

Walsall Football Stadium is just next door, & on a Sunday offers an open-air market, with lots of stalls.

My friends & I ate breakfast & dinner each day we were there, & enjoyed what we had to eat. Meals were of a good size, good value for money & served with a smile. Drink prices were very reasonable.

I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to stay at this property. With superb staff & location close to the motorway & railway station, life could not be easier.

Well done to all staff members were encountered, as well as those we did not see (kitchen staff, maintenance & house keeping). All work together as a formidable team & many other hotels should take note.

Room Tip: If you really cannot stand vehicle noise, then ask for a room away from the motorway. To be honest though, my room was facing the motorway & I slept through without any problems at all.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Rob N, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Wottraveller

Many thanks for your review following your recent stay here at Park Inn Birmingham Walsall.

To receive such positivity about your stay is a testament to the team that we have on board and to what we are trying to achieve in terms of customer satisfaction and ensuring that our guests experience whilst staying with us is our number one priority.

I have fed back your comments back to my team who I know will perceive them in a motivational way to the roles that they do.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and thank you for your support.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on the way back to Holyhead after being in Legoland. A great hotel with fantastic friendly staff. I have never met such nice people. The room was nice & clean. The overall service was excellent. I noticed that it was an extremely clean hotel. The food was great etc etc

What more can i say only Thank You : )

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Rob N, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear The_Python

Thank you for your positive review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to learn that we left a lasting impression on your family and yourself for all the right reasons on your stop over. I will certainly be feeding your comments back to my team.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was expecting this to maybe be a bit ropey, having read the reviews on here, but this is a good hotel. I needed connecting rooms and was able to arrange them with no difficultly; everyone was polite and helpful; the rooms were a good size, clean and tidy and a good standard; parking was no problem and the location was excellent for our needs.

We had rooms around the back which were nice and quiet and had no complaints about them. I am not sure what the core business for this hotel is - it seemed almost empty when we stayed, but it was a really good choice for Drayton Manor as it was less than 30 minutes away.

There isn't very much around the hotel (i.e. walking distance) but a short drive gets you to plenty of other places if you need to.

I would stay here again and think it's better than its current Tripadvisor rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back to avoid motorway noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Andrew R

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us here at Park Inn Birmingham Walsall.

I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and also to thank you for your positive review.

The team has been given new direction recently with the aim of improving our guest satisfaction and standards when our customers stay with us and it is positive to read of the impact this has had on your stay.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the forthcoming future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

lovely clean hotel,really friendly staff (even though we lost one key and then managed to lock ourselves out the room). the resaraunt staff were really lovey and nothing was to much trouble for them.The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Free wifi was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Linda S

Many thanks for your feedback following your recent stay with us here at Park Inn Birmingham Walsall.

I was please to read that we were able to make your stay a memorable one and that my team were able to assist you throughout.