“Aldridge is not the place to go for a traditional curry...”
Review of Malabar

Malabar
Ranked #52 of 320 Restaurants in Walsall
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Restaurant culture in Walsall is pretty lacking, and most would be better off paying the extra price for a taxi into Birmingham. That Malabar is, according to Tripadvisor, the third best restaurant in Walsall says a lot. An extensive menu, and don't get me wrong, very decent Indian food, in a good atmosphere, but it's not authentic, and it's not as tasty as many of the restaurants in the Pleck and Coldmore areas of Walsall. My Kemma balti, for instance, had a certain gritty quality, as if the balti dish was crumbling into my food. Don't go here expecting anything other than decent fare... Good, but not the best in Walsall, an area with such a diverse cultural population.

3  Thank Josh I

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Arrived around 7pm and already busy. Staff friendly. restaurant really filled up (this was on a Wednesday night). Huge menu and the food was really good.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

I have been here many times since moving to the area 6 years ago, and I am so happy to have such a beautiful Indian just down the road from me.
The food is amazing and everytime I take people to the Malabar they agree with me about the quality and value of this restaurant.
The Thai green rice is out of this world and well worth a try - I wish every Indian served it! I also love how you can have a combination of any of the standard main courses as I can never make my mind up!
I will continue to visit here often and am looking forward to having my birthday meal here next month.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We have the Malabar deliver to us most weekends now, Moe the guy who deliveres the food is very kind and attentive always asking how the family is. As I had the flu I ordered the Lamb Muncharian with the pieces of Lamb so succulent and fresh. The portions are not huge and nor are they laden with oil.

I wish my wife could cook this stuff, would save us a fortune. Well done again, Malabar.

1  Thank Docmatt
Reviewed 22 September 2011

This is a real favourite of ours.
I first went there the second night it opened some 14 years ago and it has maintained its standards ever since.
The restaurant has undergone a number of changes over the years with a smart decore that is always kept immaculate.
The menue is extensive and certainly provides an option for every taste.
The staff, particularly Mo the manager are always welcoming and friendly and will always offer advice on what each dish is, its contents and cooking style.
What has always amazed me is that although they have been open for such a long period of time they have mantianed the taste and quality of the usual English favorite dishes, ie Balti, Chicken curry etc but have introduced new dishes and indeed thier Malabar special menu is well worth a try.
We alway go late in the evening often after 22:00 hrs so as to avoid the crowds, Friday and Saturday are always full so if you do want a table on these nights then do book early.
There is a room upstairs that can be hired for private functions and this is a good venue for any celebration.
Aldridge has a lot of Indian restaurants most of which are fine but if you want a real top class indian meal then the Malabar is the one to go to.

2  Thank Donpet