“Read the Tripadvisor report properly”
Review of Beverley Hotel

Beverley Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Read the Tripadvisor report properly”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Okay...I did read Trip Advisor before booking, but missed something. Great value, easy parking, good internet access, decent sized tv, food that you can enjoy, good sized room, but...one review DID say "don't have room 2". Guess what? I now know why. The shower is poor. The noise right outside the window (from the kitchen vents) is awful. It did stop at 9.29pm one night, and 9.44pm the next...but, try writing reports whilst it is going on!!!

Other than that, this was a very pleasant stay, and if I work that way again, I shall stay there.

Room Tip: Do not accept room2!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank QualityCountsJersey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My expectations weren't high but I was proven very wrong. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful - they really made my stay. The room was comfortable and had free wifi which was very helpful for me at the end of each day of my business trip. The food was exceptional quality. Absolute bargain and really recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Midlands
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Picked this one since it was within walking distance of a client's site and meant I could leave my car there (the other hotels I had in mind seemed to have day charges and strange rules that would have required me to nip back and top up the parking meter.)

Check-in sunday was polite and profession, them presenting me with pre-filled paperwork. Being a sunday night the evening meal was a set 2-course in the restaurant but later meals I tried different options as well as bar snacks, all of which I enjoyed.

Wireless internet access was somewhat problematic: they have several SSIDs, some of which are password-protected and not all names are obvious. Speed varied, but I found the most stable signal down in the bar.

My room was above a back function room so noise carried from a private function late one evening and from (presumably) cleaning staff early the next morning. Nonetheless, the bedroom was large and spacious - if looking a little shabby and tired - and furnished with older wooden furniture, reminiscent of staying in your Grandmother's spare room, other than the complimentary biscuits and tea/coffee-making facilities. Bathroom with complimentary toiletries was clean and warm but I found the water pressure for the shower quite low, almost dribbled out.

There seemed to be a fixed number of staff irrespective of the number of guests, so the barman would also double up as a waiter, waitress double up as receptionist, etc - many times the dining room and/or bar were completely devoid of staff, necessitating a wait for service. Service, when it arrived, was still prompt and polite, so I have no complaints there.

I would return quite happily. The cost (£50/night) was VERY competitive for this kind of hotel, and the service I received was pretty adequate. For what I wanted, it was cheap and cheerful yet the decor in public areas didn't look cheap or budget. It suited my needs completely.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PreacherKane
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2013

stayed 2 nights at the end of january for business. good value. friend was also staying in another room. hotel was tired looking but clean. i stayed in room 17. lovely bathroom but real shame about the design layout. it was a large walk in style shower but the opening was the wrong end as you had to squeeze between the sink to get in. i wasn't told there was no bath at time of booking and i do like my bath in the evening.however staff where very helpful, offered to move me to another room, but pointed out the one they had available would be noisy as next to generator or over the kitchen area. but did provide me with a key to use the bath instead.
food was ok, nothing wrong with the evening meal we had on the 1st night but we thought a little pricey for what it was. breakfast however very good, i don't eat cooked but it looked all freshly prepared to order . selection of cold/continental breakfast was really good for such a small hotel.
bar area could do with rearranging to create a more cosy atmosphere as a bit cold and sparse.

its in a good location for shopping or getting around the area.

Room Tip: just check what your room has especially if like me you like a bath.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Bristol
Reviewed 8 January 2013

It would seem that not everyone has had such a terrible experience as me. All I will say is, if they say you are in room 2, refuse it!! The window to the room is right next to a generator which is very loud and the windows are nowhere near sound-proof. That particular room also dribbled luke warm water from the shower and had a very large damp stain on the carpet in the room. I was also right above the bar which, again, with zero sound-proofing made it impossible to sleep as it was still noisy at 2-3am on a Thursday. On the plus side, that staff were exceptional and smiley and the food was much much better than I anticipated.

Room Tip: Not room 2
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul t

Travellers are raving about these Walsall hotels

Leeds
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Shocked when I got inside. Thought that I was in the wrong hotel when I walked in. It didnt look that fantastic in the brochure but was beautiful. The room was large and very comfortable. The bathroom was much larger than I imagined as well.

Breakfast was so good and cooked to perfection as was the service. Many thanks to all the staff for all their hard work and dedication. Special thanks to KAM who was a real gentleman and a very professional member of staff. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Not too far from the town centre and also the train station. Really good breakfast done to perfecti...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Redruth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We visited the hotel for a wedding. Ample off road parking. Room we had was spacious and clean, the bar was well stocked. Meals were excellent. Staff were very helpful and polite. All in all a great place to stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends