“Cheap but classy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Cheap but classy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I stopped in this hotel for 1 night after a wedding. They were so helpful letting us check in early providing us with an iron and ironing board. Checking in was a cheerful experience nothing was too much for them. The room was more than adequate and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was superb and all in cost £55.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
St Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

A very friendly welcome to this hotel. Room was fantastic, well appointed very clean and serviced.

Breakfast great, dinner excellent and the staff, especially "Billy Whizz", friendly and efficient. Nothing too much trouble. A big recommendation to this hotel.

Only room for improvement is the water pressure which they are addressing.

As a business resident for 3 days I was very happy.

Room Tip: Room 29 was great
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Armagh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed here for 1 Night prior to a next day Business Meeting in the Area. The building itself is not the Ritz. However, the staff were friendly, the room was comfortable and modern. The Wi-fi was good, Shower and en-uite were modern and clean and the Breakfast was excellent. For a short stop, you could not ask for much more. Credit where credit is due.

Room Tip: I had a room to the rear of the building which was peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ArmaghArmagh
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

A poor , untidy, dirty , run down and broken down hotel, hot water only no cold water, ceiling falling apart , mold mildew covered ceilings, furniture thread bare as if attacked by cats, a complete wasted effort on even driving out there . We very quickly changed accommodation establishments and continued to enjoy our U.K holidays. Would not even waste my time on a phone call.

Room Tip: stay away from this one the Beverly Hotel in Walsall
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank roger b

Travellers are raving about these Walsall hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Couldnt have picked a better venue for our wedding on the 7th september. The service was excellent, many thanks to Sinead, nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent, would recommend the Hog roast to anyone who is thinking about holding their wedding here. Desserts were lovely, cheesecake was gorgeous. We chose to have a finger buffet later on in the evening which again was plentiful and could not fault the quality of the food.

Many thanks to all the staff at the Beveley for their work and making our day perfect.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank joanne182
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

A fairly standard hotel, but good value for money and the food at the wedding function was frankly excellent, as was the service. In general, I thought this place was well run, clean simple rooms, (could have done with more towels, so ask if u need them) but the function arrangement and service were very good, as was breakfast the following morning!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Simmotrip
Portland, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Up until the point of checkout we had all enjoyed our stay and had pretty much decided that we would use the hotel again in a few months when we are in the area again for a family wedding but after the appalling service and attitude I experienced when paying the bill we will definitely be looking elsewhere for accommodation. I booked several weeks ago via the phone for 2 rooms for 3 nights B&B. As no family room available on one of the nights I was offered a large double with a Z bed for our small granddaughter at a rate of £50pn. I also needed a disabled friendly ground floor room for my elderly father. The room they offered for him fitted his needs but was a double however the person who took my booking said they don't charge for a double room if a single person is in there and quoted £45pn.

I accepted and booked and followed up with an email confirming the dates and rates they'd stated along with occupant and contact details. On checkout the bill for my father's room was charged at £50pn. I queried this and was told it was correct. I told that person the rate that had been given at the time of booking and he shook his head and looked at me as if I was trying to fiddle the hotel, he then asked if there had been just one person in the room. As this is not a large hotel, we had been there 3 days and he had served us at breakfast (quite miserably too) I said of course and he should know that. He then produced another bill which now showed the apparent single occupancy rate but this was still more than originally stated so again I questioned the amount. He asked me to prove the rate I had been told so I told him about the email I'd sent but he would not look on his system and I had to get my laptop out, access the internet and show him the email. He still would not believe me as the person I had emailed had not emailed me back confirmation of the rates. I tried to say that she had already confirmed the rates verbally when I called to book so why should she then confirm back and surely if when that email was read if the rates were wrong someone would have contacted me? He kept on demanding that I forward the email to him at the hotel and I had to point out to him that he actually already had the email and to look for it, giving him the date and time I'd sent it following the phone booking. I asked to speak to the person who had taken my phone booking but she was on holiday.

He then produced a third bill showing the nightly rate of £45 that I'd been originally quoted as said 'Are you going to pay this one madam?' Absolutely no way should he have spoken to me in the tone that he did and say that. When you are told one rate and then are charged another I think it is quite right to query it and to continue until you are billed the correct amount. I am also astonished that the hotel had no record of the rates quoted to me at the time of booking, very inefficient and therefore I would advise anyone booking over the phone to ensure they get written confirmation from the hotel of the rates they have given.

To be forced to explain myself to him in front of other guests waiting to pay their bills was very embarrassing and uncomfortable, it also deeply upset my elderly father as it was his room that was causing the problem. I was made to feel as if I was trying to con the hotel even when I showed him the email I had sent he behaved as if it was fake. Such a lovely few days visiting family totally spoilt because of poor attitude and inefficient record keeping.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family