“Terrible”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Walsall
West midlands
“Terrible”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Carpet is filthy and the rooms are scruffy, with dirty curtains wallpaper falling off mould on the walls, and black grime round the bath and taps. Communal area is ok but the rooms leave a lot to be desired!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Lisamills123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
YORKSHIRE
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Its not as bad as some make out.The rooms are usually clean the bar is cheap in the week food is good.I've stayed here many times over the past 10 years when working in the area.If you want a high class hotel go pay the top price elsewhere .Its only a short walk in to Walsall with its vast selection of curry houses and bars too

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The only positive things I can say about this place are that it had free wifi, and that it was cheap. The whole place is shabby and dated; much of it is dirty; the bathroom was tiny with no bath and the towels were frayed around the edges - the shower needed a damn good clean and there was unflushed urine in the toilet when we arrived; the beds were very old, dirty and uncomfortable - there were stains on all of the bedding; the staff were generally friendly but not especially helpful; the television in our room didn't work and we were told we could move rooms to get a working one if we really wanted; and to top it all off, at breakfast all of the crockery was filthy. Please don't do what we did and think "Oh well, I'm sure it can't be that bad". It is. There's a reason this place is rated 11th out of 11 hotels in the town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank BrisMummy

Travellers are raving about these Walsall hotels

Walsall
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

After experiencing a bad stay the first time round, I went back with my partner under a last minute booking for somewhere near just in case of any emergency at home. I must say that the service has Imoroved a great deal and The staff have certainly made the effort to greet and welcome their valuable customers. The room they had given me was lovely with a sky light. Nice tidy clean room in general. Even the bath room was clean too. So im very pleased with the overall experience the second time round. Television was playing all the channels with a working remote. Cant say a single bad thing if im truly honest. Looking forward to staying here again sometime in the near future.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Walsall
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Ok so when I first came here I wasn't too impressed with the decor and a smell which reminded me of an old people's home. As I entered the room which I was staying the night I noticed how bad the carpets were. They had stains left right and centre. It just made me feel really dirty. I had also noticed a reddish stain on the bed sheets. The staff were not so helpful. I know what's expected from a trade or a company as work for the local government, I know what's required from a consumer's perspective. I'm deeply saddened but how low quality this hotel really is. No shelters or smoking facilities either.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My mum sadly passed away just before Christmas and we held the wake at the County. Having had several 'do's' there in the past we decided we would go again and it did not disappoint. Plenty of food and it was lovely. The staff were very attentive and met us at the door to guide us to the room.

Highly recommend it

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank rachetjaw
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I enjoyed a two night stay at this hotel which a thought was excellent value for money. I paid £30 per night for a single room and was given a free up-grade to a double.
The staff are friendly, room was clean and well equipped with flat screen tv, hair drier (not that I need it), trouser press and good bathroom.
Will be using again.