“Excellent Hotel and Restaurant”

Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Walsall
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights at Valentines and had a wonderful time. The restaurant staff were superb. They made the valentines meal go really smoothly. The food was awesome and the portions were just right.

We enjoyed the rest of the stay in the hotel and the bar staff were really friendly as we're all the staff we dealt with. This hotel is a credit to the IHG brand. I would definately stop here again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Hi Tony and Kay,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your recent visit to us.

I was delighted to read your Valentines stay was such a great experience.

Your comments on the team were great to read and will give them all a great boost, particularly as they all work very hard to deliver outstanding service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have stayed here for women's day and loved it. The exec room is spacious with a lounge and 2 tellies. Next to M6 but cant hear anything in room because of the double glazed windows. Breakfast plenty and delicious. Fried eggs, mushrooms, hash-browns, bacon and all this for a very reasonable price (6.95£). Spa was little but nice. Staff nice and attentive (Josh and Katie). Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed all the hotel has to offer.

Most of all I am glad you have passed the comments on regarding the team and will certainly make a point of speaking with Katie and Josh to congratulate them on leaving a great impression with you.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I've stayed here a number of times and it's always been a great stay.
Staff are very helpful, rooms are very clean and ill Definatly be going back soon.. The bathrooms are always clean with fresh towels and excellent clean bedding

• Stayed: February 2014
Scott R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Hi Dasheeki,

I was delighted to read your comments and certainly took time to pass them to the team. As hard as they all work it is nice to give them positive feedback to support the efforts they all make.

Thank you once again for your kind words, we all look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My Husband and I stayed there last year in October, For a Army Reunion, never again, the toilet was filthy, so cleaned it myself, the Manager was not interested in my complaint, and never phone back, I phoned the Manager, but he was not available, so never heard again, If our Army Reunion is there this October I wont be staying there, Holiday Inn I'm Disgusted.

Room Tip: sorry Toilet's Filthy
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Joannie,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your visit with us.

I was disappointed to read your stay with us last October was not as great as it should have been and I am sorry your experience did not support what was a great event at the hotel.

The point you have mentioned has been discussed in depth and I am confident this was very much an isolated incident that will not re-occur.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future when I and positive your stay will be a great one.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here a few months ago and had to visit Walsall again, was so please with my previous visit that booked without hesitating. What a mistake!
I think the checking in and checking out were the best experiences I had after a hole weekend there.
We arrived on Friday evening and stayed for two nights. We were travelling with many friends with separate bookings. Once the kids were settled, asked for the restaurant menu and how the system worked, for every meal you pay a child eats the same meal for free, you pay a starter you get one for the child for free, and same with the main course and so on, on a 2 course menu basis. We took the menu s to the table and when the 5 of us at the time there decided what sort of meal we wanted, we walked to the restaurant, which was EMPTY, to be told that they won't be taking anymore booking or seating anymore people because they were too busy and the lady suggested we took the lounge menu and eat by the bar. We took the menu, sorted what the kids wanted and once we were ready to order, went to bar, to be told that they weren't gonna be cooking until after 9 because they were too busy!!! So no food was offered to us, we talked to the acting manager, who was telling us that if they only had 6 rings on the cooker then they can only cook that much...now, the restaurant had no more than 2 tables, and yes there was a group there waiting for a table... But it was 8 o clock... I was very unhappy as I booked this hotel, drove over 3 hours to get there and the restaurant there, was one of the reason why I booked, so I didn't have to go exploring Walsall for some food! We went to reception and complained about the situation, to what they gave us a piece of paper and a pen, oh and a lot of take away menus. Now, if I have a hotel that has hundreds of passengers, I think, I should be ready to cater for them!
The breakfast in the morning was half empty of things, the tables weren't cleaned for ages, so I definitely would say, not enough staff to cater for all the guests staying there!
The next day we went for a meal somewhere else not to put up with the NO service at all this place provided... Some of our friends booked for a meal, and waited ages, same, to be seated, to eat...not a nice experience at all.
Sunday morning breakfast same again, most the things were missing from the breakfast, not enough food, and kept constantly running out and back to the kitchen for more...so one could never get a cooked breakfast as when you queued and was your turn...empty again.
Saturday night, ordered a hot drink from the bar, and waited at the table, like the day before, they told us to sit and they ll bring it to the table...
Well I had a nice boy that stood next to me and told me £2.80, tho which I went and paid by the bar...left the drink there to take with me back to the table...not sure how things work in this place, seems to change all the time.
Before we checked out we had a shower, had to call reception twice for towels as they only left us one set, for a family room, after the calls, we got ONE extra set for the whole party...
When we were checking out, one of our friends had a double room, same than us, paid in full, in advance...they tried to charge her for the breakfasts, thing is, she never had any breakfast in the hotel.
I will be staying in Walsall again, later in the year, will start looking for another alternatives, as this hotel is not the same anymore.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gri80
Scott R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hi,

As we have mentioned in all of our other correspondence to you, it does seem there were some issues throughout your stay that have been dealt with and communicated back to you.

I am pleased we managed to resolve your points and you are happy with the outcome.

It would be nice to know that given you were pleased with your previous stay you understand the points you have raised are isolated and will not re-occur.

We do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on 22nd Feb. Victoria on reception was very professional, knowledgeable of IHG membership and helpful.
The room was lovely and clean. It was a little cold but an electric heater was in place which worked well.
Dal was a very efficient bar tender. Very polite and although working alone service was very quick.
Sian on the restaurant desk was friendly and provided good customer service. We needed to wait 30mins for a table due to 2 coach parties, but she was apologetic. She was professional and didn't seem at all flustered by the crowds. We could have booked earlier though. Dinner was quite expensive but tasty.
Pool and sauna are nice extras even though small. The number of users are monitored though.
Overall we were pleasantly surprised and have booked a return visit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Rachael,

I am glad that whilst using all of the facilities you were made to feel comfortable. I will make a point of congratulating Victoria, Dal and Sian on there interaction with you, particularly as it was so memorable.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back again and look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

It's great that this hotel aims for 10/10. It'd be even better if it got anywhere near it!
We had to wait about 5 mins to check in, but that's one of those things. The room was nice and the pool area, though a little small was spot on.
However, the breakfast (non) service was woeful. The shocking service on our first morning was even worse on the 2nd. Empty servery points, no eggs, no beans etc at various times. I don't think I ever saw it full. The clearance of the tables was desperately slow, the one next to us is still as it was left by the customers some 20/30 minutes later. I guess it wasn't too bad though, it gave us somewhere to put our used dishes!
This also meant that we had to wait to be seated because the tables weren't cleared and ready to be used again.
I've stayed in quite a few Holiday Inns but this the first time I've really been let down by anything.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Gary

It was nice to read you enjoyed your room and managed to take time to spend in the leisure facilities to relax.

I have passed your comments regarding breakfast to the Operations Manager who will be disappointed as regardless of what time breakfast is taken the experience should still be first class.

Thank you again for your comments.

Scott Randall

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walsall
Holiday Inn Express Walsall
2 mi away
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7

Been to Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10? Share your experiences!