“Nice Stay”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here one night and had a very pleasant stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful despite technical issues with the key card system. The room and bathroom were lovely, very spacious and clean. There is a comfortable lounge to relax in where you can also eat dinner and order drinks. The food was quite expensive for what you get but I guess this is to be expected in a hotel. The buffet breakfast had a large selection of fruit, cereals and cooked and there was a friendly relaxed eating area. Unfortunately the swimming pool was closed for maintenance during our stay, but this is no doubt another advantage to staying here. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, many thanks!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laura G
Scott R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

We are delighted you had such a fantastic stay with us, the team do work very hard to deliver some truly great customer service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again, it was a pleasure looking after you.

Scott Randall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
walsall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

checking in late but staff where very helpful .room was very clean and spacious.lovely breakfast and was included in the very competitive price will definetly be staying here again.excellent customer service.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank petrowalsall
Hi,

Thank you for passing your comments on regarding your recent stay with us.

It was great to read how well you were looked after on your late arrival and how the team delivered such a great stay for you.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Stockton on Tees
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here for one night only on Saturday 7th June with my six year old grand daughter, as part of a National Holidays weekend trip to Cadbury World and West Midlands Safari Park.

The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was spotless with plenty of towels. We slept really well and thoroughly enjoyed our weekend.

The only reason for the 4 star rating was the delay in serving dinner on Saturday evening. This was probably due to two other functions as well as two coach parties all needing meals at the same time! To their credit, the staff served the children with their meal first.

Thank you staff for making our stay so pleasant. I was agreeably surprise as some of the hotels used by coach companies represent the budget price you pay for the tours!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tinkerbell012
Hi,

I am pleased your Grand Daughter had a great time we certainly do have some great attractions on our doorstep.

I will make a point of passing these comment son to the team as well, as they will be delighted to hear their hard work is appreciated.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Before i start let me say i have spoken to the management about this nights stay and they have accepted all the issues so i can not fault the hotel management but i have to comment on my stay as it happened.

The hotel i easy to find just off j10 of the M6 with plenty of parking and easy access to near my shopping.

The Hotel is very nice and very clean, reception is not very big, so when two staff are on and checking in two groups it gets a bit crowded. I had to pick my friend up from the local train station and the lady on the desk printed me off directions, she was very very helpful.

I booked a family room as i was there to catch up with a friend and as the room came with a sofa and is much better for sitting around the room chatting. The room was nice, nice sofa, table, big tv. The bathroom was nice, clean with nice white towels. There is a bath mat but i found that the next day after my shower as it was hidden under the sink and i only noticed it because i went to get a towel. The shower itself was ok but a lot of water did leak on the floor. All in all though the room was very nice and very clean.

Me and my friend decided to go swimming as the hotel has a small pool (gym to and sauna in the pool). We had to pick up a key to get into the pool from reception but when we got there it must have been peak check in time as there was a long line of people waiting to check in. (only one lady to check everybody in) (crazy). I was stood there for over 30 mins waiting to pick up the key and my friend went and had a pint.

When i got to the desk and asked for the pool key the lady (the one who printed off my directions) then shouted out asking if anybody else was in line for a pool key. When we got to the pool we picked up a towel from the table outside ( i did take a small one from the room as i had no idea additional towels would be given). I put my stuff in the locker but could not lock it. Yep nobody had told me to bring £1 for the locker. I just put my stuff in and hoped for the best as i was not waiting any longer. I just wanted to swim. The pool was a little cold but really nice to relax in and the sauna was nice to, if not a little hot.

We did not eat in the hotel but in town and i got back to my room about 1 am.

Be warned the doors to the room slam shut, there is not much you can do about this as they are very heavy. You can not control the slamming when you leave the room but you can when you close the from the inside. The doors slammed until about 4am, with people just not bothering to try and close the door quietly.

I am a light ish sleeper so this was not much fun for me. At around 5-530am i was woken up by the air conditioning/heating unit hissing air and it did this a few time so i turned it off.
I actually got off for a good sleep around 6am but I was then woken up at 09.40 by housekeeping, tapping the door with a key like a mad woman wanting to clean the room. I opened the door and asked what she was doing as i don't check out till 12. She just said ok and walked off, this really annoyed me i have to say.

I was about to try and grab another hours sleep as i was still so tired when the fire alarm went started.

I did the normal thing and didn't move to quick and then it went off. 2 minuets later it came back on again so i got dressed opened my bedroom door to see 2 members of staff running down the corridor and out the exit. i followed them ( not running as was to tired) and got outside but the staff ran off and i was just left there on my own. I walked round the outside of the building looking for anybody to meet me, show me where to go. I found myself back at the main reception where life was going on as normal. I asked at reception if there was a fire or not but she looked at me blankly. I told her i was not happy about my nights stay and with the same blank look, she said sorry then looked away. No offer of how to make a complaint, no offer to recored my complaint just sorry.

When i got back to the room i was so annoyed about my whole nights stay i phoned down to reception but nobody answered. 3 times i rang but no answer. I rang the restaurant to and no answer. I walked back down to reception to see there was no body checking out so i asked why they had not answered the phone and was told they were busy. I asked to see a manager before i left. (It was like faulty towers), worst stay i had ever had. No managers in till after 12 (once guests have checked out). I did have two nice mid managers come and see me before i left and i did explain the whole stay and all the problems. I have had an email from the manager and he has apologised.

You will see from my other reviews i am not a harsh reviewer and always give fair comments and find the best things to say about the hotels i stop in. I do feel i must have been having a very unlucky day as so many things happened but some of these things can be reduced or avoided.

I will be staying at this hotel again at some point and i will review it again, so i hope i can give a much better review next time

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Scott R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am glad that your stay was a good one overall and following discussions with us I am fully confident your next visit will be a great one.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed for three nights and thoroughly enjoyed the leisure centre: pool, sauna, jacuzzi & gym!
Though sauna was out of order on last day.
Staff are friendly & helpful.
Amazed the room air conditioner was NOT working and I was was charged TWICE for the stay.
I called the hotel regarding being billed again even though I fully paid in advance; I was informed someone will call me back and I have NOT heard from Holiday Inn yet!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hi,

I am pleased your overall stay was a great one, we will have a look at the couple of points you have mentioned though.

Regarding your billing if you find this is still a problem please contact Akash the Operations Manager who will be only too pleased to assist.

Many thanks

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here for 1 night following a friend's wedding. Booking process was simple, check inn was quick and efficient, literally a signature and a credit/debit card to hold the room before check out.

The room was nicely decorated with modern features and quite spacious. Everything around the hotel was clean and well kept.

We got breakfast with our booking which was nice, the staff were expecting us and greeted and seated us straight away. Breakfast was buffet style which eases the pressure of feeling like you need to be quick.

Check out was just as easy, simply paid for our room, signed the paperwork and left. All staff were accommodating and friendly.

Only downfall were the drinks were extortionately priced for what they were. Would recommend getting your own to consume in the room if you want to cut down on costs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Laura,

I am glad your stay was a great one and the team certainly looked after you while you were here.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights in an executive room with lounge. The room was nice and spacious, don't know what happened to the complimentary chocolate and the water was not replaced on the second night though. I ordered breakfast to the room on the first morning as I was travelling alone with two small children and when it arrived it was practically indelible and missing most of the standard things ie toast. When I complained to reception it was dismissed I was just told to telephone the restaurant and place my order that way for the following day. There was also am instance of someone smoking in a room, the lady on reception was almost accusing me of it even though we had one minute previously been in the restaurant and had spoken to her at the desk on the way back. I was also overcharged by £30 for room service and I have rang and emailed twice with bank statements and have still not heard back. This is one holiday inn I will not be returning too

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Lj060778
Hi,

I am sorry the room service breakfast was not up to our usually high standards we have all come to expect, I will speak with the team to ensure usual standards are in order.

it was good to read your comments about the team, will be sure to pass these on as it gives them a good lift working as hard as they do.

Perhaps the next time you are staying in the area you would contact us directly at the hotel and we can make the booking for you and enhance the package with breakfast inclusive to prove you stay was unfortunately an isolated one.