“Tasty”

Smokeys
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Smokeys is an original independent American Smoked Food Joint offering a wide variety of American cuisine from slow smoked hand pulled pork to double dog burritos. We pride ourselves on sourcing local ingredients and importing certain menu items such as our German Frankfurters to give you an authentic taste. As well as a range of signature sauces, we also have a lineup of classic and beautiful American desserts such as our homemade Key Lime Pie and homemade cookies. Smokeys is also home to the Monster Burger, Monster Dog, Monster Mad Dog Burrito and Ghost Chilli Wing food challenges. Finish one of these food challenges within 60 minutes and your meal is FREE and you get a Smokeys t-shirt as proof of your conquest! Smokeys also caters for kids and is a great joint for celebrating birthdays and hen/stag nights. We have a fantastic range of cocktails. Please visit our website for all menus or to book a table.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Small American style diner opposite Walsall train station.
Although the diner is noted for its man v food size challenges we opted for the corn dog starters and big boy and big girl burgers which were more than ample and very tasty.
Probably the tastiest burger I have had for some time.
The restaurant was quiet but they only had 1 waitress on; she was very helpful but the service was slow because she was alone.
If you want to try the challenges they are about one third cheaper on Tuesday nights.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I spotted this restaurant online a few months ago and told my boyfriend that I'd like to come here. Tonight he surprised me by bringing me here for our date night. I like the layout and general appearance of the restaurant. It's quite authentic looking. My boyfriend had pulled pork nachos for a starter and I had Smokey's Slow Smoked Wings. Both of our starters were perfect. We both had burgers for our main and they were pretty good. You'll get really good value for money going here. Honestly, this place should have a four star rating. It's a great place and it's a shame it's got do many bad reviews. I think improvements could be made but overall it's a pretty good place. The staff were brilliant and attentive.

1  Thank Stacy B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited Smokey`s for my birthday with my wife and daughters despite seeing indifferent reviews.
Added bonus was that we had a groupon voucher (£13 for 2 course meal for 2)

We all had a great time, were well looked after by Heidi (& Amy) with wonderful food & drink in a relaxed atmosphere with great decor.

I cannot understand why there has been such negative as I will be definitely returning with family & friends from work.

A word of advice if you have any negative feedback let the staff know when you are there to give them a chance to rectify any issues rather than just waiting to get home to tap away on your laptop or mobile phone making poisonous cowardly comments - as Heidi said when I asked her why people do it & how it feels to see these unnecessary & sometimes hurtful comments, just give them a chance when you are there as they are approachable & only a small business that suffers from negative feedback.

1  Thank 800joe
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

A restaurant well worth a visit.menu extensive and food quality excellent. Staff friendly and helpful.value for money.challenges interesting.will certainly return.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Me and a couple of friends have been to smokies several times now.

After just arrive back and reading the reviews, I must say we have experienced to best food and service ever from here tonight!

They seem to have stepped the game up from our last visit by employing more staff, cutting portions and replacing with quality. This is what I like to see!

I would recommend anyone with a negative experience give it 1 more try, I was extremely impressed!

Look forward to returning soon.

1  Thank babybluemaxer