“Not good!”

Smokeys
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Smokeys is an original independent American Smoked Food Joint offering a wide variety of American cuisine from slow smoked hand pulled pork to double dog burritos. We pride ourselves on sourcing local ingredients and importing certain menu items such as our German Frankfurters to give you an authentic taste. As well as a range of signature sauces, we also have a lineup of classic and beautiful American desserts such as our homemade Key Lime Pie and homemade cookies. Smokeys is also home to the Monster Burger, Monster Dog, Monster Mad Dog Burrito and Ghost Chilli Wing food challenges. Finish one of these food challenges within 60 minutes and your meal is FREE and you get a Smokeys t-shirt as proof of your conquest! Smokeys also caters for kids and is a great joint for celebrating birthdays and hen/stag nights. We have a fantastic range of cocktails. Please visit our website for all menus or to book a table.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Went with a small group on a Groupon deal.. Accepting that it's a deal and with realistic expectations of what we'd get for the price I was still very disappointed! Choice of just two main courses and limited starters..and not allowed to pay extra for the more pricey ones.. Small portion of pulled pork - which was really dry and grisly (accepting that we asked for the overpowering BBQ sauce to be served separately).. Then, to cap it all a lady started sweeping up behind us - clearly eager for us to eat up and go, as we were the only customers in there! God knows why we booked!!! If an 8pm booking was too late for them, why let us book?! First and last time we'll be visiting this place!

7  Thank Bedlam188
Smokeys house S, Front Office Manager at Smokeys, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello an im very sorry to hear you was not satisfied with your voucher, the voucher in qestion was a living socia,l if it was hand pulled pork and chicken.Groupon was our burger meal deal. On purchasing the voucher it does state pulled pork or chicken, and im very sorry a choice of 6 startes was not enough for yourselfs. we are not able to let customers pay the difference as vouchers are Purley for advertising and making people aware of ourselfs. We do not make a lot of money of these vouchers, there for would be at a lose if we was to let coustomers pay the difference. An thank you for making us aware you thought our hand pulled pork is grisserly, we will be sure to take extra care when pulling by hand, not to let any grizzle enter our hand pulled pork. I am also very sorry the waitress was brooming food off the floor while customer's were present, our team at smokeys just like to make sure our restaurant is kept clean for our customer's. Again I am very sorry about your experience at smokeys, and would just advise to read the terms and conditions if you are to purchase another voucher in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Food aint over priced its the same as most pubs, my burger meal was too big the portions are huge,the burger was tasty and good quality im normally a fussy eater but couldnt fault this place if you want fine dinning go mail box and pay it. if you want a great burger with average priced food polite staff clean tables and floors then you wont be disappointed.the location aint great but because its not prime location with massive overheads you benefit from better quality meals I cant wait to go again and try a different meal so much choice id advise you try it I read bad reviews and was expecting it to be nasty but personally for me it was good but each to there own just try it

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The food is not authentic whatsoever. All the different sauces they have taste like they are from a well known supermarket. The only thing american about this place is the decor. The food was defo over priced for what it was and completely bog standard. The meat was poor quality. Wouldn't bother going again

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Small American style diner opposite Walsall train station.
Although the diner is noted for its man v food size challenges we opted for the corn dog starters and big boy and big girl burgers which were more than ample and very tasty.
Probably the tastiest burger I have had for some time.
The restaurant was quiet but they only had 1 waitress on; she was very helpful but the service was slow because she was alone.
If you want to try the challenges they are about one third cheaper on Tuesday nights.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I spotted this restaurant online a few months ago and told my boyfriend that I'd like to come here. Tonight he surprised me by bringing me here for our date night. I like the layout and general appearance of the restaurant. It's quite authentic looking. My boyfriend had pulled pork nachos for a starter and I had Smokey's Slow Smoked Wings. Both of our starters were perfect. We both had burgers for our main and they were pretty good. You'll get really good value for money going here. Honestly, this place should have a four star rating. It's a great place and it's a shame it's got do many bad reviews. I think improvements could be made but overall it's a pretty good place. The staff were brilliant and attentive.

1  Thank Stacy B