“my stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
Isle Of Man, United Kingdom
“my stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

excellent hotel .very friendly staff .restaurant very good.would recommend everytime.the location was ideal to visit my family and friends.most definitely
will be staying at the walsall town Centre premier inn

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Winkleigh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel was ok except the price changed suddenly overnight for 2 nights at £68 to £102 which is a bit steep for a room. The noise from the heating and a cistern filling up kept me awake. Bath great

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Just spent 2 excellent nights in this Premier Inn. The comments are made about the Premier Inn itself and the staff - not the parking nor the restauarant. Before we even booked I read that it was necessary to use a pay and display so I contacted them to find out the costs - to see if when I built in overnight parking it was going to be cheaper elsewhere. When I received confirmation from Premier Inn - the costs of parking was listed there. I really can't understand how people go on about the parking issue if they have done their homework.

We had great staff throughout all of our stay- they were helpful and polite. They answered questions about anything we asked them and kept us really happy. The housekeeping staff were lovely as well- we met them going about their daily business as we went out.

In that respect we had a great time. I was warned by friends who live in the area that the weekends can be noisy due to the proximity of the local bar scene. We went mid week - so that did not apply- the hotel was really quiet - read other reviews to find out about this problem and how to get over it.

The only real disadvantage to this Premier Inn as far I was concerned was the staff of the Brewers Fayre Restaurant. Arriving late (about 9.15 p.m.) I was told that last orders for food was 10.00 p.m.. It was as if they really didn't want to bothered taking my order - they were more concerned about clearing up and checking off their till. In the end I walked out - as my wife told me as she left- the guy who should have served me came over and looked most surprised. Their loss - our gain- we went over the road to Frankie and Benny's had a great meal and were well received. Enjoyed it so much we went back for breakfast as well. It must be really heartening for the restaurant management that they can afford to have their staff turning away £40-£50 worth of business and get lots of bad reports.

Premier Inn gets an excellent- the restaurant would get a very poor

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Choirman09
Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for one night (Saturday).
we had never stayed at a Premier Inn before so wasn't too sure what to expect.

The Satnav quite easily found the hotel (unlike some others we had stayed at). There is a car park right next to the hotel and the overnight charge is only £3.50 if you are staying at the hotel. I was told that the pay machine didn't always work. if it didn't, you had to get a little slip from the hotel and leave it on your windscreen.

Check-in was very pleasant. The receptionist couldn't do more for us. We were really impressed. This Premier Inn is from floor one upwards of the building - the ground floor is a 'Breyers Fayre' pub / restaurant. While we were waiting we had a look at the menu. It looked really yummy and the prices were very reasonable.

Our room was on the fourth floor. It very noticeable that the whole place was spotless and tidy. We were impressed. The room was one of the best we had ever stayed in. Everything was so tidy and clean. The room was very spacious, plush carpet - loads of little extras like extra pillows, hair dryer etc.

We didn't eat in the hotel (something we regretted later).

During the night we felt a bit cold and asked reception to turn up the temperature in the room (all rooms seem to have their temperature controlled from reception). Our request was taken care of straight away. The bed was just so comfy that we didn't want to get out of it the following morning.

We had breakfast in the restaurant downstairs. The service we had at breakfast was just great. The staff kept on asking if everything was ok and whether we wanted any more of anything. The food itself wasn't that bad. I have a very hefty appetite and I was stuffed!!

The only thing that spoilt our stay was that we ate at a local Indian restaurant rather than at the hotel - bad move, as our meal at the Indian restaurant was not as good as we thought it would be.

We just can't wait to go back to this hotel again.

Summary:
- Very reasonable price - we paid £59 for one nights stay.
- Accommodation was clean, tidy, beyond expectations for £59 a night.
- Staff, friendliest we have ever seen in years. Just couldn't do enough for all the guests - made you want to come back and stay again.
- Hotel food looked really lovely, shame we didn't stay in and eat.
- We can't think of one bad thing to say about our stay!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Friendly staff
Hotel spotless
Beds very comfortable a Good nights sleep guaranteed
Very convenient location Within walking distance of busses trains and
A wide range of shops and restaurants.
Rooms were warm and temperature easily controlled
Only fault was limit on WiFi

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night whilst up in Walsall on business. The room was larger than expected and clean. The receptionist, Ana, was friendly and welcoming - she also went out of her way to help me out of a massive bind, which will not be forgotten and is hugely appreciated!

The hotel is well situated and convenient for a number of areas. The bar staff in the attached Brewers Fayre were also very friendly indeed.

You could do a lot worse and for a reasonably priced hotel, I think you get excellent value for money. I would happily stay again. Thank you to the staff.

• Stayed March 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

'Premier Inn' part of the stay was exceptional; Restaurant was another story sadly at both dinner and breakfast time. On arrival we were told the list of what was 'off', then waited over an hour to order with restricted choices of food; some drinks had even ran out!! waited so long at bar to be served some people gave up and left. A bit of a Fawlty Towers experience sadly with lots of bad tempers in evidence; This was a Saturday night too - they must be losing local trade by the bucket-load. What a shame as the hotel part is really nice. Just don't expect to get served within the same hour you order drinks or food in the restaurant! and be prepared for lots of grief...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family