“so handy”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
Dursley, United Kingdom
“so handy”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

love this place the staff cant do enough,.even if you run out of milk for that early morning cup of tea. the staff are on hand, they have even bought some up to the room if its early.
the beds are to die for|

Room Tip: any room is great but 102 and 101 are easy access rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Great Wyrley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here with friends for the weekend as it's perfectly placed for the town centre. The reception area feels very clinical and not welcoming although the staff are completely the opposite. I was disappointed with the confusion over my booking, the receptionists did not seem to know what she was looking for. The rooms and the hotel is really good, clean and well looked after. I was very peed off with the breakfast though. We were not given the full range of options for the breakfast. I ordered soft poached eggs, my fiends fried - they brought all three with poached. When they eventually returned (we had waited a long time already) with mine the poached eggs were hard. When questioned one of the staff members seemed to suggest it was our fault she had become confused. Granted she did apologise for the mistake but it was too late and I had gone past wanting the breakfast; for which the price was wavered. Over all, a disappointing experience of the service at the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
READING
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Really nice modern hotel. Reception staff really friendly but that's where the buck stopped. The double bed was very small. I am about 5ft 5 and my feet were over the end of the bed. Me and my partner were pretty much stuck together we were so close so one of us decided to sleep on the sofa bed. The air con was very noisy. The hotel was very hot and stuffy as you cannot open windows to allow fresh air in and have to use air con if the room is too warm. It would be advisable to take a blanket with you as the duvet is a heavy winter duvet and that's not what you want in the summer months. Very unimpressed

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Walsall Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Got a call from reception at 3.00am which woke me up asking if I could be quiet as another customer had complained about the noise I had apparently been making. When I explained that I was asleep I was practically called a liar by the receptionist who said that she had been outside of my door listening to the noise that I had not even made. When it came to checking out another receptionist was very rude and practically shouted at me as you would
expect a teacher to, I was mortified. Despite the rude staff the rooms are lovely and Very clean!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank louisaa111
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here on several occasions while on Business and visiting family locally. Excellent location ideal for popping into Birmingham on the Train ( 20 minutes) for Business or to do a spot of shopping at the Bull Ring. Ideally situated just off J10 M6. Staff always cheerful and helpful, rooms spotlessly clean. The only downside is don't have their own free car park. Would highly recommend this hotel if you are wishing to visit Birmingham or the surrounding area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LucyLaura
Gloucester
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just a quick review, the staff here were wonderful, very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was absoloutley scrumptious and great value for money. There is restaurants and a shopping area literally across the road. Nandos and franky and bennys, and other shops like bank, river island, jd sports etc etc.
the staff make hotels so much better and these staff behind reception and at breakfast were lovely.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We were very impress by that premier inn! Nice room, comfy bed, excellent breakfast! We would definitively come back here! Don't spend more than you should when you have everything you need in this hotel to have an enjoyable stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple