We have stayed here previously on a number of occasions and we have found the facilities and staff to be of a high standard in the past. However we were disappointed this time. We were hurried through checking in, no mention of breakfast times, told a menu was in the room as we wished to have an evening meal, but had to come back to fetch a menu as it was not in the room. On arrival at our room we were concerned with the amount of noise coming for adjoining rooms, loud talking and laughter and music. As this continued towards 10 pm we rang down to report it to reception and told that the Manager would be up to investigate. Another phone call and a trip down to Reception again a while later before things quietened down. We were not offered an alternative quieter room, even though we were very tired after a long journey and staying in a Hotel is quite a treat for us, and it was spoilt. Front of House staff lacking in customer service skills. The room smelled strange and unpleasant. The beds used to be fantastically soft and comfortable, but the pillow top had flattened, there was only one pillow each on the bed, which were rather hard. The shower head was leaking and limited pressure, volume on the TV was variable. We think this Hotel has gone downhill over the last five years. This not what is expected from the Village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall is a short drive from the City Centre and is the perfect base to explore and experience the new Birmingham revival in all its glory. With its easy motorway access and just 1 minute from the M6 Jct 10, Village Walsall all is ideal for quick access to the NEC, ICC, NIA, the Think Tank and Birmingham International Airport. Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall has 125 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Walsall
- Village Hotel Leisure Walsall
- Village Hotel Walsall