“Always a nice meal in a great building”
Review of The Imperial Walsall - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Imperial Walsall
Cuisines: British, Healthy, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: J D Wetherspoon was founded in 1979, when Tim (now our groovy chairman) opened his first pub in north London. We now have over 900 free houses across the UK, stretching as far north as Wick to as far south as Penzance. Our pubs are housed in a variety of buildings, some of which had previously been churches, department stores, theatres and even a fire engine factory! We're also in a lot of airports and train stations across the land - perfect when you are on the move. We're open from 8am for breakfast and serve Italy's favourite coffee - Lavazza. Our full menu is available until 11pm every evening, with our famous Curry Club on a Thursday night, where thousands join us for a great curry and a drink, for an even greater price. We also have Steak Club on a Tuesday and Sunday Club on, well a Sunday so it's the perfect excuse to visit us! Real ale is something with which we're very proud to be associated, we always have a range of ales to choose from, sourcing guest ales from over 600 local breweries every year. We have two annual beer festivals, along with lots of local pub events.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Firstly the design of this weather spoons is what really makes it an original place to eat. I believe its an old cinema which was converted into a restaurant and bar. The food is pretty standard as are all weather-spoons and very limited vegetarian options but what they do have is very nice. Good value for money and usually less than £10 per person. The staff are usually friendly and work with pace. Not for any fault of the ownership but sometimes have a lot of rowdy old drinkers in and outside the front smoking but this is only sometimes. I will continue to come regularly here and would recommend.

Imperial-JDW, Manager at The Imperial Walsall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Trip Advisor, we always review this as a management team to try and address any concerns our customers have. I'm glad that you are generally happy with the service you receive at The Imperial and I can assure you that as a company we are trying to make more vegetarian options attractive to our customers. Have you tried our new Freedom Salad yet, it's fantastic.
We are also in the process of obtaining a patio licence for seating at the front of the premises which will be a dedicated no smoking area, hopefully removing smokers from the front steps. We do at present try and move people on from the front if seen smoking but if you ever see us not managing this please mention it to a member of staff who will let us know and we will ensure this is done. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I was shopping with my wife and kids when we decided to have a bite to eat. The look from the outside of the pub attracted us and we wasn't disappointed when we entered, there were a wide variety of world beers which I was happy to sample and the food was of a high standard but at a reasonable price. I had a jalfrazi curry club meal and preferred it to my local Indian takeaway, my wife had a gourmet burger which she said was lovely and the kids had hot dogs. We will be popping in again next time we're shopping in the walsall area as I want to try the steak club.

Thank you Rob for taking the time to post these lovely compliments onto Trip Advisor. I am glad you and your family were so pleased with your visit to The Imperial and I hope we continue to please you in the future. I will ensure that my staff are made aware of your compliments. If you like the world beers have you tried our new exclusive Sixpoint craft ales, they are a particular favourite of mine.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Myself husband and our two children had a meal in the imperial while out shopping in Walsall. I could not believe the value for money we had, I always new wetherspoon pubs was great value but was not expecting the meals to be such generous portions! All our meals we're delicious and I have to say they staff were lovely. We will definitely be going back :-)

Thank you Claire for taking the time to give us this fantastic feedback, I will ensure that your lovely compliments are passed on to both the front of house and kitchen team. Thank you again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Myself and brother in law had breakfast here before Walsall beer festival.
I must say wether spoons have done a superb job here keeping all the original features of this former theatre it really is a nice building inside.
The service was very quick and my brother in law said it was one of the best breakfasts he has had in a wether spoons and he works out of town so has visited a lot of pubs in this chain.
Toilets were very clean which is unusual in a city centre pub so all in all a good experience .
Would definitely visit again when in Walsall.

Imperial-JDW, Manager at The Imperial Walsall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us this fantastic feedback, I am glad you and your brother in law enjoyed your breakfast and your visit to us here at The Imperial. I will ensure that the staff on duty that day are made aware of your compliments. Thank You again.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

A clean and well laid out restaurant, but we had to wait an age to get servered even though there was not many at bar. On the arrival of the food one order was wrong and had to be sent back. We had to fetch our own sauces and alot of the bottles were nearly if not empty. Will not be using again.

Imperial-JDW, Manager at The Imperial Walsall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

So sorry we didn't meet your expectations on your last visit Andreas, we have recently switched to the new system of bottled sauces from sachets and I will ensure that the team are made aware of the issues you experienced to prevent this from happening again.
I will also find out from the Duty Manager on the day of your visit why you had to wait so long to get served as this is not the standard we expect our guests to receive. I hope that if you reconsider your decision not to use us again, you will see this was an isolated incident and we canand usually offer a much greater service.