“Noisy M6 Nearby... Didnt Hear It!”

Premier Inn Walsall (M6, J10) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
Reviewed 1 November 2013

First time at this PI. A one night stay for myself and the other half.
Situated in rural Walsall in a kind of industrial area, this PI and its restaurant seemed to be well hidden underneath a main road just a short distance from the M6.
The slip road off the main road was a bit bumpy and littered with lorries parked up for the night but beyond that it was ok. Good car park at the PI.
The PI itself was only a couple of floors high and had stairs no lift. Room was up to PI normal standard. Very nice. Staff very nice too. The main thing we thought that would be a problem was the noise.
The hotel is pretty close to the M6, other major roads and railways and im sure there was aeroplanes in a flight path too.
When we got into our room we found the noise level was good. The windows could open, so we opened ours only to find the outside noise intolerable. BUT when we closed the window, the noise was eliminated. Brilliant!
Everything at the PI was fantastic. Didn't have a chance to go to the restaurant sadly. I preferred this PI to Walsall Town Centre PI. The M6 one has a free car park. Would we go again? YES

Room Tip: If you do sleep on the highest floor, don't worry. Noise not an issue! Theres no lift for gene...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The room was both comfortable and quiet. The restaurant next door was very reasonably priced and had a good selection. The service was good. If you have dinner worth booking in advance as sometimes they become busy.
The receptionist at check in was a touch bizarre. She handed me a form and asked for details. I'd done all that when booking online but can understand why they need to know car reg. I returned the form and she jabbed at the form and "instructed" me to fill in the nationality detail. I asked why she need it and her reply was that I had to do it and she could call the police if I didn't. I told her she was being absurd and things didn't get a whole lot better. If they really need this information then getting it when you reserve might not be a bad idea. Her attitude was not exactly customer friendly. I got a piece of paper shoved under my door outlining the penalties for refusing. Interestingly the Premier Inn the next night in Manchester didn't require this information nor get excited about it in any way nor indeed has any other hotel I've stayed in.

Room Tip: Back, no car park is better than front.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeremy69Uk
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Really nice stay, good clean comfortable room. Really nice friendly staff. Needed everything we needed at a great budget price. Really nice pub and restaurant next door. We would definitely staff there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

A friendly greeting at reception awaited us.Our room was large and very clean and tidy.
The room was quite modern, although it looked over the large car park was fairly quiet.
Breakfast was great, however the Restaurant is detached from the Hotel building,the Staff are friendly.This was our first stay with Premier Inn and we were very impressed with the overall service and quality.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at the Premier Inn Walsall (M6, Jct 10) from 24/08/13 to 26/08/13.
I arrived at about 8pm, after a day meeting a friend in Cheltenham. I was warmly greeted by Geraldine. The room I was to stay in was on the first floor. But because there was no lift, I was booked into the disabled room.
To my surprise, the room was ready for me to go to straight away. It was very clean and tidy
I had two great nights sleep with no noise at all, which to say the hotel was at the side of the motorway was good. This room is suitible for wheelcahir users, though you may need assistance from the reception staff, as there are three fire doors to open, bfor you get to Room 23.
Then reception staff, cleaning staff, and restaraunt staff were all very helpful and friendly, but professional.
I will book the disabled room in future at my next visit to a Premier Inn.

Room Tip: The Disabled Room. Room 23. But check that that room 23 is stil the disabled room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

stayed at this hotel and was woken up at 0630 by a family above me letting the children run around and use the beds and jumping frames or trampolines for the next 3 hours. When i did complain I was made to feel that because it was now 0630 i had no right to complain about the noise. Does the good night sleep guarantee only apply when its dark???? seems so in this hotel as none of the 3 staff i spoke to advised me of it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank QuadGirls
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Had a great stay at this premier inn, down just for one night down in the area for wolverhampton university open day. Staff very frendly, clean, quite room up to the usual great standards that premier inn have. Great breakfast and friendly restaurant staff. Easy to get to from motorway and quite rooms.

Room Tip: room 31 great at back on down stairs end off hall. quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walsall
Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10
4 mi away
Novotel Wolverhampton
Novotel Wolverhampton
#7 of 21 in Wolverhampton

Been to Premier Inn Walsall (M6, J10) Hotel? Share your experiences!