“Another solid premier inn, Restaurant Not so good.”

Premier Inn Walsall (M6, J10) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
Derby, United Kingdom
“Another solid premier inn, Restaurant Not so good.”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

As my title suggest, this is one of many decent premier inns. The staff were very welcoming, the room was clean and of a good size and pretty much everything was the high standard you would expect from this chain.

Now to make this review worth reading, I have one negative to point out. The food in the adjoining Bentley green pub is lets say mediocre at best. I have stopped at this hotel on several occasions and eaten there every time (in the evening), due to it being convenient, and me being lazy.

On my most recent visit though, I was punished for my laziness, as my starter of nachos and my main course of chicken and ribs were atrocious. It was neither good to look at or eat. It seemed like the chef (I use that term loosely) had thrown the food in the air and wherever it landed on the plate was how it was served. Plus the fact one part was hot and another lukewarm, didn't make for a good meal. Now I know its not gourmet dining, but that was just poor at any level. I've learnt my lesson now though, I will venture further afield to eat if i'm staying there again. I've only had breakfast there once, and that was not the best either.

All in all, I'd recommend the hotel, but eating at the Bentley green is at your own risk. Just one more thing, probably best to have your satnav handy, as its not easiest to find.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to vary in size and layout. but they are of a good standard.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The special deal I had of £25 per room was great value. The two rooms I booked, for myself & my daughter, were comfortable, clean & quiet & the bathrooms were also very clean with plenty of towels. The breakfast gives plenty of choice & is good value providing you want to eat lots! My only disapointment was that there was only a half hour's free wi-fi available.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights on our annual xmas visit to the midlands. Booked two rooms our kids stay in one 24,19 and we the other. First night great comfortable sleep as usual, second night was a bit of a let down for the kids, woken at 4am by some drunk in the room above who my son likened an elephant on the roof. Thankfully my son had the right idea and went down to reception and complained. After going down there for a second time they gave him a key to another room by the time he got back to his room the noise had stopped reception had sorted drunk man out. Well done PI staff your customer service is spot on there was a problem and it was sorted and we got a room refund for one night and a couple of young men very quiet in the trip home down south. We will be back

Stayed December 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Well located just off the m6 but with easy access to walsall town and the surrounding areas the hotel was very clean and comfortable and well up to pi standards.The staff were very friendly and efficient and we enjoyed a good meal in the restaurant next door ,breakfast was also very good and we would stay here again .

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
cardiff
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed for one night recently, location as others have said was a bit industrial but think this can be said for many of this chain. Reception was simple process, parking easy, room was clean & bed comfy. Only got two towels, one large & one small which in fairness was rectified. Bathroom whilst clean was rather dated & shower was more of a slow wash than anything powerful.....biggest downside was noise insulation, could hear someone somewhere snoring!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2013

First time at this PI. A one night stay for myself and the other half.
Situated in rural Walsall in a kind of industrial area, this PI and its restaurant seemed to be well hidden underneath a main road just a short distance from the M6.
The slip road off the main road was a bit bumpy and littered with lorries parked up for the night but beyond that it was ok. Good car park at the PI.
The PI itself was only a couple of floors high and had stairs no lift. Room was up to PI normal standard. Very nice. Staff very nice too. The main thing we thought that would be a problem was the noise.
The hotel is pretty close to the M6, other major roads and railways and im sure there was aeroplanes in a flight path too.
When we got into our room we found the noise level was good. The windows could open, so we opened ours only to find the outside noise intolerable. BUT when we closed the window, the noise was eliminated. Brilliant!
Everything at the PI was fantastic. Didn't have a chance to go to the restaurant sadly. I preferred this PI to Walsall Town Centre PI. The M6 one has a free car park. Would we go again? YES

Room Tip: If you do sleep on the highest floor, don't worry. Noise not an issue! Theres no lift for gene...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The room was both comfortable and quiet. The restaurant next door was very reasonably priced and had a good selection. The service was good. If you have dinner worth booking in advance as sometimes they become busy.
The receptionist at check in was a touch bizarre. She handed me a form and asked for details. I'd done all that when booking online but can understand why they need to know car reg. I returned the form and she jabbed at the form and "instructed" me to fill in the nationality detail. I asked why she need it and her reply was that I had to do it and she could call the police if I didn't. I told her she was being absurd and things didn't get a whole lot better. If they really need this information then getting it when you reserve might not be a bad idea. Her attitude was not exactly customer friendly. I got a piece of paper shoved under my door outlining the penalties for refusing. Interestingly the Premier Inn the next night in Manchester didn't require this information nor get excited about it in any way nor indeed has any other hotel I've stayed in.

Room Tip: Back, no car park is better than front.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeremy69Uk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walsall
Holiday Inn Express Walsall
Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Novotel Wolverhampton
Novotel Wolverhampton
#6 of 20 in Wolverhampton
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall

Been to Premier Inn Walsall (M6, J10) Hotel? Share your experiences!