“Not the best”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Walsall
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not the best”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Visiting due to work commitments , the hotel is dated and in need of refurbishment, the heater doesn't work in room 104 and in the cold weather we are having it's freezing , not upto the usual premier inn standard

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gav J
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Walsall (M6, J10) Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed at this premier two years running in order for my husband and son to take part in the Tough Guy. Hotel very good although I could have done with someway to cool the room quicker in order to have got a better night's sleep (probably should have adjusted the thermostat sooner). Overall though very good stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We are always on our way somewhere so all we need is a good bed and a clean room the cost is good when you book in advance so we are always on the look out to coordinate the venue and the hotel at the right price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine C
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

As my title suggest, this is one of many decent premier inns. The staff were very welcoming, the room was clean and of a good size and pretty much everything was the high standard you would expect from this chain.

Now to make this review worth reading, I have one negative to point out. The food in the adjoining Bentley green pub is lets say mediocre at best. I have stopped at this hotel on several occasions and eaten there every time (in the evening), due to it being convenient, and me being lazy.

On my most recent visit though, I was punished for my laziness, as my starter of nachos and my main course of chicken and ribs were atrocious. It was neither good to look at or eat. It seemed like the chef (I use that term loosely) had thrown the food in the air and wherever it landed on the plate was how it was served. Plus the fact one part was hot and another lukewarm, didn't make for a good meal. Now I know its not gourmet dining, but that was just poor at any level. I've learnt my lesson now though, I will venture further afield to eat if i'm staying there again. I've only had breakfast there once, and that was not the best either.

All in all, I'd recommend the hotel, but eating at the Bentley green is at your own risk. Just one more thing, probably best to have your satnav handy, as its not easiest to find.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to vary in size and layout. but they are of a good standard.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The special deal I had of £25 per room was great value. The two rooms I booked, for myself & my daughter, were comfortable, clean & quiet & the bathrooms were also very clean with plenty of towels. The breakfast gives plenty of choice & is good value providing you want to eat lots! My only disapointment was that there was only a half hour's free wi-fi available.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights on our annual xmas visit to the midlands. Booked two rooms our kids stay in one 24,19 and we the other. First night great comfortable sleep as usual, second night was a bit of a let down for the kids, woken at 4am by some drunk in the room above who my son likened an elephant on the roof. Thankfully my son had the right idea and went down to reception and complained. After going down there for a second time they gave him a key to another room by the time he got back to his room the noise had stopped reception had sorted drunk man out. Well done PI staff your customer service is spot on there was a problem and it was sorted and we got a room refund for one night and a couple of young men very quiet in the trip home down south. We will be back

Stayed December 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Well located just off the m6 but with easy access to walsall town and the surrounding areas the hotel was very clean and comfortable and well up to pi standards.The staff were very friendly and efficient and we enjoyed a good meal in the restaurant next door ,breakfast was also very good and we would stay here again .

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walsall
Holiday Inn Express Walsall
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10
Best Western Birmingham Walsall Barons Court Hotel
Novotel Wolverhampton
Novotel Wolverhampton
#7 of 21 in Wolverhampton
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa

Been to Premier Inn Walsall (M6, J10) Hotel? Share your experiences!