“Home cooked food, great value”
Review of THE BOAT

Price range: US$21 - US$31
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Home cooked food, great value”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Visited for lunch with my Dad and daughter. Food is freshly cooked and plentiful and the price is very reasonable. Super choice and I love the fact that you can see the kitchen. Sunday lunch is also very good value.

• Visited November 2013

WEST MIDLANDS
“THE BOAT”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Good food, very pleasant surroundings, can be a bit pricey but check the board for specials of the day.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SIMPOP
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Safe to take Her Majesty here!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Have been to The Boat several times in the past year and have never been disappointed. The service and staff attitude has been first class as has the cuisine, cooked by the owner himself. The menu is alive and bursting with new ideas and there is always something new to try out. I took a couple of ex pats for an evening meal here and they were very impressed, as was my partner and myself. Well done everyone at The Boat.
(I see someone has had a moan about the menu being on the blackboard and not on the tables. Must be some cranky old man with poor eyesight! Take no notice)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank RobertandBarbara
Walall
“Bring back printed menus”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have been going to the Boat for years and have always enjoyed their meals, indeed last night's Hake was splendid.

The fly in the proverbial ointment for me and several others is the lack of a printed menu.
The selection is generous but the scrum near the blackboard is intolerable. I enjoy taking my time to choose a meal and discuss the menu with my companions but that dratted board makes it more like Joe's Cafe and it is certainly off putting for us us oldies who barely remember what day it is let alone what we want to order, last night we all had to go back to the board for another look.

There is a desert menu that is passed around and it wouldn't take much to cut, paste and print menus. There was a party of 23 there last night hogging the menu space, plus various others jostling for a peek and the closely written board. Not all of us have 20/20 vision or x-ray vision so until the tall man/woman in front moves I, as a short person, cannot see what choices are available to me.

The staff are consistently charming, sometimes slow during the busy period but they should at least know what the soup of the day is.

I am fond of the Boat but a printed menu would make the experience pleasanter and so much more efficient.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Margo B
Cardigan, United Kingdom
“Well above the Flood Water”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have never had a poor meal at The Boat,it was worth setting out in heavy rain and strong winds to reach the very warm welcome at The Boat,everything we ordered arrived beautifully presented and sizzling hot.the game plates were a little disappointing,pigeon breast came a little dry without much taste,despite our very early sitting we enjoyed our meal and plan a return on a lighter evening when we plan to book well in advance and get a table for 7-30 or later

• Visited February 2014