On arrival we booked in, We got a bit concerned as it seemed to take the receptionist a while as she kept checking the computer. Got the room card room 300 & something .
As we got out of the lift the smell of stale cigarette smoke hit us not pleasant.
We entered the room the smell was horrendous ..
We had booked a double bed with sofa non smoking room.
What we actually got was a grubby tiny twin bedded that smelt awful.
Trek back to reception to be told the third party booking company we used had made the mistake ,but when I pulled out the booking confirmation --we were offered firstly the room opposite that they had just given us (obviously not listening to what we were saying then offered a 50% back & free night but not in the room we booked.
We insisted on full refund as it was their error they couldn't rectify it. Which we finally after lot of argument -late at night this left us stranded & to find another hotel.
In case anyone thinks we were being overly fussy I suffer with asthma .More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking