Holiday Inn Express Walsall
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall(Walsall)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$60
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfree breakfastvillage hotelhi expresscooked breakfastone night stopoverplenty of parkingon arrivalwhat it says on the tincomfortable roomsgood sizedouble bedbeans and scrambled eggenjoyed my staytea and coffee facilitiesyogurtwi ficar park
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect as the cost of the room was so reasonable and even included breakfast, but this hotel far exceeded my expectations on all scores. The staff were very helpful and professional and the room was clean, comfortable and had everything I needed. Couldn't fault anything especially at the low price. It was a lovely surprise and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it because it is so easy to get to from the motorway and therefore very convenient.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one towards the end of the corridor on the third floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GMExWalsall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walsall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

I am happy to read the hotel exceeded your expectations, it sounds as though you really enjoyed your stay.
I will pass on your kind comments to the team and do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We used this hotel as we were on a coach trip. The hotel was near the motorway and I was worried about the noise as we had a room facing the motorway but we couldn't hear the noise as we had the windows shut but could be a problem in the summer.
The cooked breakfast was luke warm even though we went down at the start of service and was disappointed that there was no bacon.
The room was clean and comfortable, the wardrobe had no doors or walls (space saving I think you'd call it). I would use this type of hotel again but only for one or two nights.
Good access to Birmingham and surrounding areas.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

I am glad to read you would use the hotel again.
I will speak with the breakfast staff to ensure breakfast items are being monitored more frequently to ensure they are piping hot. With regard to bacon, we are unable to provide this as it does not form part of our breakfast standards.
We hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The stay in this hotel was very nice. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Shower cubicle was ideal because I have bad knees and the water was lovely and hot. Towels were soft and fluffy. The room was cold when we went in but as soon as we asked at reception, the heat was turned up and we were soon toasty especially as it was so cold outside. The breakfast was quite nice and there was plenty of choice. Would certainly stay there again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Well, we were on the ground floor and at the back of the hotel. The road was behind us but it did not give us any problems, no trouble with noise from other guests.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

It sounds like you certainly enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on the way North after a few days away. Location was good - easy to get to, not difficult to find. Ample parking, nice friendly reception staff both at booking in and checking out. Room was clean and tidy, spacious and quiet. Had a baby with us and was space for her cot to go up and could still move around the room. Free Wifi in the room. Breakfast is self service. It was fine and a nice area for sitting. The bed was comfy and a good selection of pillows.

Can't really say anything negative about the hotel. It's fairly basic - but had everything you needed and that's all you could ask for. If I had to find something to improve I'd say the doors to rooms were a bit heavy and that was hard with all your stuff/carrying a baby but that might be what keeps it quiet in the room. The shower temperature could be a bit variable so just had to watch you didn't get a wee shock of either chilly or roasting water. The carpet in the stair well could do with a clean but I'm really finding it difficult to come up with anything bad.

• Stayed: October 2013
DGMExWalsall, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walsall, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for leaving such a positive review, I am pleased that you are not really able to say anything negative about the Hotel.

Regards

Claire
Deputy Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Clean cheap and ideal location . Comfortable. Free breakfast was adequate, sausage, beans and scrambled eggs. Toast ,yogurt, croissants, fruit, etc. very clean rooms, comfortable beds, shower cubicle ideal for my mobility issues. Old style tv with few channels (who cares). Will be staying here on a regular basis after checking out the other Holiday inn across the road. No facilities but who needs them if all you want is B and B. Hotel was quiet but lots of noise from next door village inn with drunks and taxis.

Room Tip: Close window at night due to customers at Village inn next door noisy. Join Holiday Inn rewards for free nights.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving a review.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and will be staying here again. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind Regards,