“stayed 16th november”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“stayed 16th november”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

the rooms are pretty much like all these chains but it was clean,bed comfy ,tea and coffee provided whicn is all you want.car parking was plentifull and free .wifi was also free ,which isnt case at some of other chains.breakfast was also free it wasnt the best but did the job,sauasage,egg beans and plenty continental.staff where very friendly and helpful.we where there for racing at wolverhampton ,taxi was £25 each way,all in all a good hotel to stay in

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GMExWalsall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walsall, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
I am very happy to read your kind comments and do hope we can welcome you back when you are next in the area.
Once again Thank You.
Victoria Glover

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
shields
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed with my wife for the Friday night to travel in to NEC on the following day.

I booked online at the lowest price I've ever found!

The place is easy to find literally just of the M6 junction 10 .

The room was like any motorway chain hotel, but very clean and comfortable.

Despite being close to the motorway, we never heard any noise at all - from outside or inside the hotel.

I would have to say, ( but at the price I paid I really can't complain too much ) the breakfast was not very nice at all. The scrambled eggs were obviously powdered, the sausage was horrible, but the beans were fine! The juice, was it orange?

If I'd paid twice the price, which I think this room would normally cost, I might have mentioned the poor quality breakfast, but all in all I think I got great value for money - just got breakfast elsewhere.

The hotel itself as we'll as the staff were very good, and I would definitely return if in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for leaving a review, i am very happy to read the comments.
We do have some very good prices available online if booked in advance.
I will speak with the Kitchen team about breakfast. We appreciate all comments, both negative and positive. We have recently introduced some new products so it is good to receive feedback.
We hope to be able to welcome you back.
Versailles, France
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We booked into the hotel for an overnight stay, the hotel is positioned just off the M6.
The car park was well lit but the steps made it difficult to get the cases to the reception.
The receptionist told us that there were no double rooms available and so we had been allocated a room for handicapped people.
It was quiet and clean but the bed sagged a lot.
Breakfast was OK but with far less choice than in other hotels in the same chain.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for leaving a review.
I will pass your comments regarding the bed to the Housekeeping department so they can investigate. Please note in addition to the steps up to the hotel there is also a ramp for easy access. With regard to breakfast, we offer all items that are available to us as per the Brand Standards, i am sorry if this did not meet your expectations.
I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This review relates to an overnight stay for leisure purposes. there was a choice between two Holiday Inn Expresses almost equidistant from West Bromwich. this was appreciably less expensive which tipped the balance.
its convenient location is its key point, off J10 of the M6 just north of the M5/M6 confluence, handy for pit stops on long journeys. It is not on a motorway service area, but about half a mile east of the exit. Visible from the M6 which is good as on a filthy rainy night.

The hotel has a good size car park, with some under cover area.

Check in was efficient and friendly, they knew I had an IHG club card.

The room, ground floor, was what we have come to know as standard Holiday inn Express.
The bathroom, shower cubicle only and separate loo, all perfectly clean.
Good absorbent towels (unlike some hotels with plush towels that look nice but do not get you dry!).
The room (which included a pull out bed) is adequate for size. Not much hanging space although for an overnight or short stay not really a problem.
This is probably one of the older hotels in the chain, evidenced by the old style TV. Again not a problem, but does take up valuable space compared to wall mounted flat screen.
The heating was via a radiator with controls on it ie no wall control. Took a while to figure out the controls but worked OK.
Choice of soft or firm pillows.
The double bed was not the most comfortable.

Complimentary wi-fi in room. Not sure if this was due to my IHG club card.

There is no restaurant on site. There is a pub/restaurant across the road, which we did not try.

One very welcome resource was a snack section in reception. We had arrived late in the evening, too late for a big meal. we were thus able to get some sandwiches and a pasty to tide us over.

Breakfast ( complimentary) was usual HIE fare and very acceptable- still not sure why no bacon.

One big up for the staff. We groaned when twenty or so teenagers -a soccer team I think- turned up. To be fair they were all well behaved and a credit to their coaching team, but the point is that the staff were not fazed and nothing ran out. Well done.

Overall excellent value and a hassle free stay. we really like the HIE "brand". My only mark down is for the bed, which may not be a problem for someone else. will definitely check this place out next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms look out over walkway. not a problem but higher floor more potential privacy.
High Wycombe
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was a bit worried about staying here because of previous reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. We had been visiting family nearby after staying at Holiday Inn in Coventry for the weekend. The bed was much more comfortable than the bed had been at the weekend, and I was grateful for that.
Our room overlooked the car park of the hotel across the road, so no noise from motorway.
TV's are old and need replacing, small screen is hard to see because it is quite a way from the bed. Really lets the room down.
Breakfast was adequate. We did not eat hot food as only powdered scrambled egg and cheap sausages are available, but the rest was fine. One bad point was that, the breakfast room was full of workmen eating badly and making a loud noise. They had luggage and went once thier transport arrived. One spilled a glass of milk in the serving area and just left it there. Not Holiday Inn's fault, but it made breakfast quite unpleasant for us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for leaving a review.
I am glad that, despite previous reviews, you decided to book your accommodation with us.
We are looking at replacing the TVs with flat screen versions very soon.
I am sorry that the breakfast experience was marred by a number of other guests. I hope this has not put you off using the hotel and brand in the future and do hope we can welcome you back when you are next in the area.
Somerset uk
Reviewed 3 November 2013

On arrival we booked in, We got a bit concerned as it seemed to take the receptionist a while as she kept checking the computer. Got the room card room 300 & something .
As we got out of the lift the smell of stale cigarette smoke hit us not pleasant.
We entered the room the smell was horrendous ..
We had booked a double bed with sofa non smoking room.
What we actually got was a grubby tiny twin bedded that smelt awful.
Trek back to reception to be told the third party booking company we used had made the mistake ,but when I pulled out the booking confirmation --we were offered firstly the room opposite that they had just given us (obviously not listening to what we were saying then offered a 50% back & free night but not in the room we booked.
We insisted on full refund as it was their error they couldn't rectify it. Which we finally after lot of argument -late at night this left us stranded & to find another hotel.
In case anyone thinks we were being overly fussy I suffer with asthma .

Room Tip: would double check your booking with the hotel before arrival
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GMExWalsall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walsall, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
I am really disappointed to read your comments and would be grateful if you could contact me so i can discuss them with you.
My contact number is 01922 705250.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Victoria Glover, General Manager
Knutsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect as the cost of the room was so reasonable and even included breakfast, but this hotel far exceeded my expectations on all scores. The staff were very helpful and professional and the room was clean, comfortable and had everything I needed. Couldn't fault anything especially at the low price. It was a lovely surprise and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it because it is so easy to get to from the motorway and therefore very convenient.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one towards the end of the corridor on the third floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
I am happy to read the hotel exceeded your expectations, it sounds as though you really enjoyed your stay.
I will pass on your kind comments to the team and do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Victoria Glover, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walsall
Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall
Best Western Birmingham Walsall Barons Court Hotel
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7

Been to Holiday Inn Express Walsall? Share your experiences!