“Always reliable!”

Holiday Inn Express Walsall
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Walsall
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed over two nights whilst visiting friends and relatives! You always know the standard and quality of service of the Holiday Inn Express is one you can rely upon! Another good stay over and one that will be repeated. My breakfast choice is always cereal or fruit and so I am easily pleased but a limited hot breakfast of scrambled eggs, baked beans and sausage is avaiable!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GMExWalsall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walsall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for leaving a review, i am happy to hear that you always pick Express!
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night after visiting birmingham nice clean rooms 2 double beds tea making facilities shower quickcheck in few drinks in bar only complaint was breakfast was very busy with lot down all at once and no bacon just powdered scrambled eggs and sausages could have fruit cereals youghurt though sooner have bacon and fried eggs myself

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for leaving a review.
Unfortunately, due to brand standards there are items we do not provide on our breakfast including bacon. I have however, taken on board your comments regarding the scrambled egg and will certainly discuss this with the kitchen team.
I do hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable and we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed on a saturday night as part of a Newmarket coach trip.
Firstly the positives,nice clean room,reasonable size,helpful staff,free wifi,no complaints about any of this.
There is no restaurant available on a saturday night so you need to eat at the adjacent village hotel or elsewhere
However breakfast on the sunday was horrendous.The breakfast room is small for the size of the hotel and with everyone leaving at the same time there was an enormous queue,This meant that people were getting agitated reserving tables and you had to get everything at once and as you came to it as the enormous conga went round the buffet.It would have been impossible to have just gone straight to say the toast area as it would have seemed like pushing in.
Selection at the buffet was a bit restricted but fair enough for the price but the main problem was that it simply wasnt big enough which made the beakfast a quite tense start to the day

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
GMExWalsall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walsall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel.
I am happy to read that you found the room comfortable and the staff very helpful.
I am disappointed that breakfast was not a great experience for you. On the evening of your stay the hotel was full and we had a large number of guests staying with us.
Unfortunately we are unable to police when people come for breakfast as it is a self service free buffet. We do advise on check in that the hotel is very busy and to avoid certain times, especially when we have groups in that have to leave at certain times. I am sorry that you caught breakfast at a very busy period.
I do hope this will not put you off returning to the hotel.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I needed a clean bed and to breakfast for one night on a business trip and this hotelreally came up trumps. I had a freshly cooked curry and got a great room with free wifi. Only downsides were, shower only, no bath, and if you want a quiet room ask for one not facing the M6. Oh and one final piece of advice, there's also a holiday inn on the other side of the junction so make sure you go to the correct hotel - I didn't!

In summary, great hotel,cheap, free breakfast, would definitely use again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not acing the M6
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for leaving a response, i am glad to read you would return when you are next in the area.
I will pass on your comments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

the rooms are pretty much like all these chains but it was clean,bed comfy ,tea and coffee provided whicn is all you want.car parking was plentifull and free .wifi was also free ,which isnt case at some of other chains.breakfast was also free it wasnt the best but did the job,sauasage,egg beans and plenty continental.staff where very friendly and helpful.we where there for racing at wolverhampton ,taxi was £25 each way,all in all a good hotel to stay in

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I am very happy to read your kind comments and do hope we can welcome you back when you are next in the area.
Once again Thank You.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed with my wife for the Friday night to travel in to NEC on the following day.

I booked online at the lowest price I've ever found!

The place is easy to find literally just of the M6 junction 10 .

The room was like any motorway chain hotel, but very clean and comfortable.

Despite being close to the motorway, we never heard any noise at all - from outside or inside the hotel.

I would have to say, ( but at the price I paid I really can't complain too much ) the breakfast was not very nice at all. The scrambled eggs were obviously powdered, the sausage was horrible, but the beans were fine! The juice, was it orange?

If I'd paid twice the price, which I think this room would normally cost, I might have mentioned the poor quality breakfast, but all in all I think I got great value for money - just got breakfast elsewhere.

The hotel itself as we'll as the staff were very good, and I would definitely return if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a review, i am very happy to read the comments.
We do have some very good prices available online if booked in advance.
I will speak with the Kitchen team about breakfast. We appreciate all comments, both negative and positive. We have recently introduced some new products so it is good to receive feedback.
We hope to be able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We booked into the hotel for an overnight stay, the hotel is positioned just off the M6.
The car park was well lit but the steps made it difficult to get the cases to the reception.
The receptionist told us that there were no double rooms available and so we had been allocated a room for handicapped people.
It was quiet and clean but the bed sagged a lot.
Breakfast was OK but with far less choice than in other hotels in the same chain.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a review.
I will pass your comments regarding the bed to the Housekeeping department so they can investigate. Please note in addition to the steps up to the hotel there is also a ramp for easy access. With regard to breakfast, we offer all items that are available to us as per the Brand Standards, i am sorry if this did not meet your expectations.
I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.
Victoria Glover

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walsall
Holiday Inn Walsall M6, Jct.10
Novotel Wolverhampton
Novotel Wolverhampton
#7 of 21 in Wolverhampton
Best Western Birmingham Walsall Barons Court Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Walsall? Share your experiences!