“Great Place”

Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tewkesbury
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Our family stayed at this hotel overnight (12 of us) prior to attending a Christening locally. We originally booked as the hotel was close to the church and we were a bit concerned about some of the negative reviews on Trip Advisor. Not a bit of it - the hotel was excellent, staff and service great and the meal for 12 was handled extremely well. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a double room with balcony if possible
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,871)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We had booked a deluxe room upgrade. The room was very small and the only deluxe bit was some complimentary chocolates and a miniature bottle of wine. The none deluxe rooms were the same size but no freebees! W complained and were moved to a larger room which was just OK. The window double glazing was steamed up. The windows were badly fitting letting in a permanent draft. The bed was very uncomfortable. We were with a group of friends on a car tour. Most of our rooms were the furthest away from the only lift. The evening food was average. The breakfast on Saturday was very good but it then went downhill. The bar service was poor. Wi-Fi connection was chargeable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank David S
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear David S

Thank you for posting a review of your stay here at Hilton Puckrup Hall.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your rooms and that your bed was uncomfortable. I have managed to track your reservation down and will certainly be looking at the maintenance issues you mention.

I will of course be carrying out a full investigation as to the reason why we dropped below our usual high standards of customer care and where necessary retraining the relevant team members that were on duty during your stay as we cannot allow our service levels and product to become inconsistent.

With kind regards.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel recently with family one of whom is on a gluten free diet. Expecting the usual lengthy discussions and explanations in the restaurant about what being gluten free , GF , means I was delighted to see that the menu clearly identified all the dishes which were gluten free . In addition unlike many other places we have stayed which only have one or two GF choices a substantial part of the menu across starters, mains and desserts were GF which meant my family member didn't have to eat the same meal day after day so they had a wonderful time.
10 out of 10 to whoever it is at the hotel who sets the menu we would certainly stay again and will be notifying the gluten free society.

Room Tip: If you like a lay in on a morning ask for a room on the other side to the golf course which opens at...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear MoragPenrith

Thank you for awarding us a grand 5 star review of your recent stay here at Hilton Puckrup Hall.
I shall ensure that the Head Chef and the food and beverage team are made aware of your comments as I know they will be delighted to know that their efforts with regards the GF choices contributed towards your enjoyable stay.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

With kind regards

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a two night mid-week break - and had booked a Deluxe Gold View Room. We were sorely disappointed - the room allocated was quite small - with an extremely small window that, whilst overlooking the gold course, was permanently steamed up on one side - presume double glazing faulty! Fittings to the room were very shabby - indeed the room was in need of a refurbish - definitely not the deluxe room depicted on the hilton internet site - a tad misleading.

Being so disappointed, thinking we had not been allocated the room we had booked, we visited reception to question this, Oliver and his colleague, a young lady, but they seemed a little unsure regarding the size of beds in a deluxe room, and the bathrobes and coffee machine which were included on the room details on the website they advised were extras on request only. After a 'discussion' bathrobes and slippers were delivered to our room. The stance taken by reception was really just take it our leave it!!

Definitely not worth paying the extra for a deluxe room as this appears to be no different than a normal guest room booked previously.

There was at the time of our stay a classic car rally and the bulk of the main nearest car park was roped off for their sole use which meant that the few disabled spots allowing easy access to the hotel being used.

Swimming pool was okay - ladies changing rooms could really do with a good clean - the floor area was decidedly dirty, especially in the cubicles where there was an accumulation of dirt around the floor area to the doors.

On a good note, the staff in the restaurant are a credit to the hotel, being so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and of very good quality.

We have another reservation at this hotel later in the year when, again, we have booked a deluxe golf view room - obviously wished we hadn't bothered!!

Room Tip: Don't pay the extra for a deluxe room - and check you get what you have paid for.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CM7Preston

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay here at Hilton Puckrup Hall.

We do take customer feedback very seriously and it has disappointed me to read of your experience here.

I do apologise that the reception staff on duty were unaware of the bed sizes and that you felt were not given the level of customer care you would expect from a Hilton Hotel. Please rest assured I have spoken to our Front of House Manager over this so that she may address this situation and where necessary retraining the staff to ensure they are fully aware of all room packages.

We are planning are refurbishment of the rooms later in the year, also we do take on board your comments about the Health Club and this again is being addressed.

On a positive note, I am pleased that you enjoyed the restaurant and our friendly staff. I note that you have booked to revisit later in the year, may I ask that you email me directly with your arrival dates, at lynn.bishop@hilton.com so I may personally oversee your stay.

With kind regards.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Six of us stayed for a three day golf package. We found the staff very friendly, very helpful and very professional. The food was perfect, the golf course was very nice and suited our standard well. We couldn't fault the three night stay for the purpose of our visit. A special thanks to Megan for helping two stranded guests get back to the hotel at some very late hour when Tewksbury and all taxis from it had closed for the night. Finally, I read an earlier post in which a previous guest complained about the cost of wifi. If you join and register with Hilton Honours you get free in the rooms.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sir-Lottabags

Thank you very much for awarding us a grand 5 star review of your stay here at Hilton Puckrup Hall.

I was obviously delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay here at the Hotel and I will ensure Megan is made aware of your kind comments. It is pleasing to read that her efforts contributed towards your enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I arrived at the hotel tonight for a 3 day stay while on a course locally. I chose the hotel because of the health club and the "wireless internet in all rooms".
I've not used the health club yet so can't comment on it.
But I can comment on the wifi!
OK, they don't say that the wifi is free.....nor, surprisingly, do they tell you that they will rip you off £15 a day for it!
When will hotels realise that any charges for wifi are a big turn off, but excessive charges like this hack guests off big time.
When I complained, the duty manager said that she agreed with me "but there was nothing she could do because it's head office that decides". SO TELL HEAD OFFICE IT STINKS!!!!!
I'm simply amazed that hotel chains haven't yet twigged that they lose more than they gain by trying to con guests in this way. For my part I'll choose to eat outside the hotel and spend my money somewhere where they value my custom.
It's only by making our feelings known that we, the traveller, will finally get hotels to see sense over this.
So, my advice is to find another hotel and show Hilton that £15 a day for wifi is just not acceptable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Room was quite dated, with a crack in the sink which was discoloured - didn't look the most hygienic, but it was clean. Minimal bathroom, not the luxury I have experienced at other Hilton hotels. Bed was however comfy and we slept well. We were at the back of the hotel in a quiet area whichever was nice. Access to rooms is a little annoying as the lift is slow and all the rooms are just of 1 really long corridor. Breakfast was excellent though, and the staff were really friendly :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewkesbury
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
13 mi away
The Lygon Arms
The Lygon Arms
#6 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury? Share your experiences!